12

Once Kurapika pulled up to the hotel, your mouth was agape.

"Well it looked big in the pamphlet, but I didn't think it would be this big."

"Be sure to never judge a picture by how it looks." Kurapika opened his door with a playful smirk on his lips. You rose an eyebrow with the same giddy smirk plastered on your face.

"Whatever you smart ass. Let's go." You laughed while opening the car door on your side as well.

The fresh smell of fall was approaching. It wasn't quite cold out yet, still pretty warm...but you yourself could already see the changes happening.

A slight breeze of the wind brushed your hair against your face.

You just so happened to look over the small car to see a blushing Kurapika.

He was staring at you.

With wide eyes and a red tinted face.

God, you found him so cute when he got lost in you.

"A little cool out for your face to be red, yes?" You teased with a little giggle. Kurapika shook his head and hid his face behind his hand.

"Oh be quiet." He muttered, grabbing his suitcase from the backseat of the car.

"Why do you always try to hide your face? It's cute when you blush!"

You could see the blushing blonde roll his eyes.

"Whatever. Let's just go check out a room." Kurapika grumbled, walking ahead of you...basically leaving you in the dust.

"Hey! Wait up Kurapika!" You exclaimed, rushing to get all of your things together. You dropped some things a few good amount of times.

Following Pika into the lobby, your eyes basically had sparkles of amazement in them.

"OHHH~"

"You act as if you've never been to a hotel before." Kurapika said, walking to the front desk.

"No, of course I have. I just haven't been in one as fancy as this."

"Well, now you are."

How the hell is he so normal about this? He must have been to plenty of nice places to think this place isn't that faannccaaayyy. Bodyguards sure do go to lots of different places that must be nicer than this. Hm.

You, on the other hand, walked over to a waterfall behind secured glass. You pressed your hands and face against it, your cheeks squishing the glass.

"It's so pretty!" You mumbled into it.

"Let's go." Kurapika suddenly appeared behind you and dragged you away from the sparkly liquid.

"wAIT. KURAPiKA. I WANNA STAY. WATERFAAAALLLLL-AHAHALL~ (つД')ノ"

"You're too excited for your own good."

Pretty much everyone in the lobby had their eyes on you.

You know, because it's normal to see a guy just casually dragging their crying girlfriend along the floor to their room. See it everyday, yeah.

Once Kurapika actually managed to get you into the elevator, you manned up...acting like the proper teenager you were raised to be.

"How far is our room up?"

"It's on the fourth floor. Once we get there, I would appreciate it if you could help me start research, what do you say? We don't have much to look for considering Hisoka helped out very graciously. I over looked the papers last night, and he really put forth a lot of effort and extra information than necessary."

You smiled kindly.

"Aww. That was kind of him! I really think he thinks of you as a friend. Why don't you chill with him sometime?"

"He's not my friend, and he will never be my friend. Especially after the way I caught him looking at you. He'll do anything to get what he wants. He probably wants you right now, I wouldn't put it past him."

"A little harsh maybe....?"

"Harsh? Pfft. That word does not come close to what that man deserves."

You laughed quietly at Kurapika.

"It must be hard for you to make friends when you act like this." You said, walking outside the elevator once the doors opened.

"That didn't seem to stop you."

You stopped in your tracks, turned around, and smirked.

"It's because I love you."