10

Just another short and sweet chapter before the story changes in direction to more of a investigation type of fic.   Also thank you all for your votes and comments! Y'all make me laugh so much and it gives me motivation to keep writing this!! I really didn't think anyone would read this, and this story is already at 1k reads! xo babes.

-----

It was a late start to the morning, but it was okay. It's not like you really had that much to do anyways. Well, despite the brand new adventure about to come. Without the pressure of that on your shoulders, today had been nice and relaxing since you convinced your boyfriend to rest up a little. It was just a simple – stay home and do nothing – day. It made up for the one evening the other night that was interrupted and cut short with the sudden appearance of the Troupe.

You walked back and fourth in your small kitchen, grabbing pancake mix and some bowls. Kurapika really never liked it when you made breakfast, mostly because of the huge mess you made every time you attempted to.
But you would convince him otherwise today.

He was still asleep anyways. You could get away with cooking even if it was just a little bit.

You just figured that it would nice to make him a wonderful meal. I mean, you could already see the well known rage of his in his body language.  Surly something as great as yummy food will make him relax a little.

You suddenly felt Kurapika's arms wrap around your waist. His chin sat atop your shoulder.

Speak of the devil.

His lips moved to your ear to say, "Didn't I tell you to never make breakfast?" in a low content hushed, and almost–ALMOST seductive voice.

"Go away. You're supposed to be asleep." You heaved your shoulder from his chin placement shooed him two inches away from your work space.

"Someone's cranky." Kurapika crossed his arms over his chest.

"Nahh. Nah nah nah. You just woke up too early."

"Did I? I don't recall ever setting a particular time schedule to awake."

You rolled your eyes with a hushed laugh at his reply. Once you felt his arms around your waist again, you nudged him off with a cute and  joyous smile on your face.

"Anyways, good morning angel. Sleep well?" You asked, taking in the tenderness Kurapika was radiating off to you.

"Yes. In fact I slept a lot better tonight than I ever have before."

"Maybe because that is your oldness getting to you."

"You are the exact same age as me, therefor you would be calling yourself old as well (Y/n)."

"Yeeeeahhhhh~ good point. Grab that egg for me will ya?"

"Aren't you supposed to be the one making breakfast?" Kurapika asked, retrieving his arms from your waist with an added sigh of aggravation.

"Oooohh~ it's so haaaard." You mocked him with a high pitched voice. "Anyways you were the one to say you didn't want me to make breakfast, remember?"

Kurapika tched before muttering, "Whatever." When he brought the egg over to you, you smiled and pet him on the head.

"Thanks love."

Kurapika rolled his eyes. It didn't matter if he did or not, you knew he loved it when you did that to him.

"I'll make you a good breakfast Pika! You're gonna need something nutritious before going after whoever."

"I agree. Only, I'm not too sure how I feel about your cooking."

You let out a displeased scoff. You turned your body around with a hand on your hip.

"I'm not a bad cook!" You declared. But an idea hit you in the head. "I'm the girl of this relationship. I do the cooking."

Kurapika shrugged lazily. "I can attest to that." He then grabbed a fresh strawberry that had been sitting out in a bowl on the counter for quite a while now. He traced his finger over it before tossing it into his small mouth with a light pop noise.

You couldn't help but giggle at him. He's too cute.

***
You both ate in your small living room, making small talk mostly because the television was on. The recent case with the sudden Phantom Troupe appearance made its way to the news, which didn't surprise you at all.

"Few were found dead–"

You picked up the remote and shut off the tv.

"You don't need to watch that right now."

The light and attention in Kurapika's eyes fled. There he was again, having the same dark look.

He didn't say anything....

Nothing.

All he did was sit there and stare at the now black television screen.

"I know you want to catch the Troupe, but–"

"That's preciously what my friend said when I went after the Spiders before...."

You were taken aback just a little bit, only until the Kurta smiled that is.

"Don't worry about me (Y/n). I'll be fine. Today has been very relaxing. Thank you."

You let out a loud – a little too loud – sigh of relief.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow then?" You asked, scooting close to Kurapika. You grabbed a furry blanket from off of the back of the couch and through it over the both of you.

"Well, to be totally honest I'm not too sure. I've been so focused on details, that I forgot to actually plan anything. I'll figure it out tonight."

"That's unlike you."

"I'm aware." Kurapika shot back at you. Aggressive, but not mean. "All I know as of now is that we are to be up at an early hour."

"No specific details there either?" You guessed.

"Mhm."

"Thought so."

"If I can't figure out a time to wake, I'll just end up waking you up after I awake. How does that sound?"

"Fine I guess. I don't know. You're the genius, so I'll just follow your every move."

Kurapika just laughed a quiet laugh, throwing an arm around you.

Tomorrow morning is the day.