Greg (P9)

A/N naturally, Greg still belongs to ShyCourage

This chapter is short, but I think that the shortness helps with what needs to be conveyed for SM's development, and short chapters are actually a literary device, so we'll say it's an artistic choice or something. In fact, sometimes books have blank chapters.

Enjoy!

"Hey, Greg," Spider-Man mused as they settled into their sleeping bags.

"What's up, Kiddo?" Greg asked, pausing shifting around in search of a comfortable position in order to give Spider-Man his full attention. "Having fun?"

"Yeah, I just... This is probably stupid, so don't, like-"

"No judgement here, Kid," Greg smiled, his crow's feet crinkling in benevolent mirth.

"I kinda feel bad that I'm doing a lot of the talking," Spider-Man shrugged. "But, no one seems to mind? Which is weird because most people find that annoying. And, it's not like I want to just jabber away, but everyone is asking questions and, like, actively encouraging my word vomit. And I just..." Spider-Man sighed. "It doesn't make much sense, y'know?"

"You're the newest member of our group," Greg explained after a moment of letting the crickets sing. "Everyone's trying to learn about you and what your boundaries are. While most of them have met you before, they've not gotten to know you the same way I have, and this is their first opportunity to know you. Plus, they know less about you than if we'd just invited a random officer on the force. Long rant, short: they want to get to know you."

"...well, that's weird."

Greg shrugged and fought down a melancholy look. "Welcome to the family, Kiddo."

A lump formed in Spider-Man's throat as he silenced any other remarks he planned to make. Greg was a given, but did everyone else really think of him that way? Was one friendly trip really able to secure him a family?

A/N okay, so this is my 100th chapter in this book! Also, this is the 9th part of this oneshot series, so I must ask the question: should I move it over into its own thing? Like, I'd leave all of this stuff up bc I hate losing comments and conversations, but I'd still repost the beginning. I'd also probably have an intro chapter explaining that it follows ShyCourage 's story, and I'd link it. It shouldn't change how quickly I get through it. I'm just starting to think that nine+ parts can be a lot for a "oneshot"

Keep in mind that this is the end of day 1 of 3, so this could get pretty lengthy.

I'm thinking, if I do make a separate book for this, it'll still be geared towards short stories. This little arc would be renamed to "camping", and then I'd be able to write other short scenes set in ShyCourage 's wonderful world.

Either way, I'm chill with anything. And, naturally, Courage has the final say. I just figured I should offer before I ended up with 20 chapters of the same storyline XD

 I just figured I should offer before I ended up with 20 chapters of the same storyline XD