But, Wait! There's More!

When Spider-Man became an Avenger, his teammates were super excited. They all assumed that his identity would be out in the open, at least amongst the team. Turns out, the red and blue clad vigilante had been in contact with Nick Fury for a little over a month, coming to terms with a deal that kept his identity as secretive as possible. That meant that his teammates wouldn't be informed of his alter ego, which annoyed them to say the least.

Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, was told his first and last name because of her high status in SHIELD and her place on the Avengers. That and she threatened Fury. It was an empty threat, but you could never really know with her. Besides, it was probably best that someone on the Avengers team knew who Spider-Man was in case of an emergency.

Besides Natasha, an older agent, who was set to retire by the time Peter graduated, named Stan was placed as the janitor at Midtown Tech, to keep an eye on the young superhero and make the occasional cover story. He was a lively fellow and his interactions with Peter always brought a bright spot to the teen's day.

After the Vulture incident, Spider-Man added a feature to the AI he had built, Karen, designed to alert Ned and the police if he ever found himself in a pickle he couldn't handle. Upon joining the ranks of his fellow superhero friends as an Avenger, he was quick to modify the protocol so Karen would alert FRIDAY instead of the police. Because, let's be honest, if Spider-Man couldn't handle something, there was little chance the police would fare any better.

During his first winter with spider-powers, Peter quickly learned that spiders couldn't thermoregulate, meaning he was freezing almost all the time. The best solution that he could find to the issue was installing a heating system in his Spider-Man suit and wearing it under his clothes. It worked as a temporary answer, but he knew it couldn't be the permanent fix because of how easy it would be to be outed as a superhero. So, he worked tirelessly to come up with a better answer. The first step he took wass creating a pair of long johns with the heating system that didn't immediately expose him if someone caught a glimpse. Eventually, he added a feature to his webshooters, which were usually disguised as a bracelet and a watch, that gave him a shot ever few hours to keep his temperature in check.

But, this isn't about that. This is about the almost-disaster that happened before that involving test scores and pooped breaches.

Peter was having a great day. The sky was clear. He woke up before his alarm. He had gotten a solid four and a half hours of sleep. He walked out of the house with his clothes on outside out and inside in and he didn't even forget his homework at home. Consequently, that meant that things were going to go horribly at school.

Dimly, he wondered if he woyld somehow fail his Physics test, but he doubted it. He was good at Physics. Physics was one of his things. See, most people have one or possibly more things that they're just good at. Some people are into art or music or writing fanfictions or reading. Peter was into Chemistry and Physics and saving the little guy and Calculus.

Flash Thompson? His thing was picking on the little guy. And it just so happened that he thought Peter was the littlest guy around. Yeah, that often spelled trouble for the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-teen. It certainly didn't help when Peter scored higher than him in the Physics test that day, either.

Peter frankly shouldn't have been surprised when the rollercoaster of life decided to rip him a new one and give him an extra shove down the slope. He should have at least considered the possibility of getting cornered after school in order to prevent such an occurance.

"Hey, Puny Parker!"

Peter went rigid. Of course Flash had to ruin his good day by beating him to a pulp. "H-hey, Flash."

"Going somewhere?" Flash sneered, gripping Peter's shoulder from behind and starting to steer him to a secluded alley behind the school.

"Aunt May has the afternoon off so we were going to hang out," Peter answered dutifully, hoping that Flash would abandon his plans of ruthless violence if he knew someone was expecting his victim somewhere.

"You should tell her a teacher asked you to stay behind, don't want to worry your poor old auntie, would ya Parker?"

"R-right."

And that's how Peter Parker got beaten half to death behind a dumpster. The end.

But, wait! There's more!

The Avengers were chilling out doing whatever they felt like in the living room, generally hating each other's company after being stuck together during the previous mission. Granted, no one knew that everyone else felt the same way, so no one went back to their rooms in fear of being judged.

Expect Natasha. Natasha was there to watch everyone squirm.

"Karen is sending me an alert from Spider-Man's suit," FRIDAY said, interrupting the silence. "He seems to be in distress, but is not fighting back."

Everone stood. Those who had weapons nearby were quick to grab them. "Is it an Avengers level threat?"

There was a pause, as though FRIDAY and Karen were discussing the details, before FRIDAY spoke again. "Karen says that he wore his suit under his civilian clothes for the heater because he cannot thermoregulate. Therefore, his mask his off and she cannot see the threat, but is registering the damage he is taking. It seems to be quite severe."

"I'll go," Tony Stark offered. "Don't want to loose the lab help. I can get there the fastest."

"I'm going, too," Natasha said, slipping a knife in her boot. "I know who he is already." No one questioned how or why she knew.

"I'll go as well," Bucky said quietly.

"Okay, FRIDAY. Where to?"

And that's how three Avengers ended up in an alley behind Midtown High, staring in horror as the blood-stained concrete in front of them. The end.

But, wait! There's more!

Bucky heard a sound that sent chills down his spine. Glancing around he realized he was the only one who picked up the sound with his enhanced hearing. He gulped.

"Guys, I hear dripping," he whispered.

Meanwhile, on the rooftop next to the alley, Peter's eyes went wide as he listened to them. Holy frick, why are the Avengers here? Flash had finished his beating a minute ago. Upon hearing the sound of repulsers, Peter immediately sought for a place to hide. He found a spot on the rooftop where the ledge protruded back in a way that Peter could slide his body underneath and not be spotted.

Natasha noticed the drips of blood from when Peter had climbed up the wall, but kept her mouth shut. He obviously was in good enough shape to care about his identity, so she would respect that and allow him to hide. So, they came up empty, both in productivity in their trip, and Tony's stomach after he spilled his guts at the sight of the violent splatters of blood. And that was the story of how the Avengers minus Natasha came to the conclusion that Spider-Man's civilian self had been brutally murdered. The end.

But, wait! There's more!

After they left, Peter gently lowered himself back down to the alley to grab his backpack and stitch up his wounds before stripping of his civilian clothes and grabbing his mask, thankful that the Avengers were still clueless as to who he was and the fact that he was getting bullied. He sighed. Just a few more months and he was sure to have figured out a better solution to the heating issue. The end.

But, wait! There's more!

A/N This was fun. I'm planning a part 2