But, Wait! There's more! P2

Info: Part 2 to "But, Wait! There's more!"

Peter woke up with an unshakeable sense of cold. Granted, it was a normal occurance seeing as it was a winter wonderland outside and his ability to thermoregulate had dropped significantly since he gained his freaky spider themed superpowers. Shivering, he slipped on his Spider-Man suit and sat as he let the heater do its magic. Moments later, he was at a level that didn't scream "Antarctica" and felt warm enough to begin getting ready for the upcoming day at school.

The day was pretty normal in itself. Peter recieved several jeering taunts from Brad and a few more from Flash, but he did what he usually did and ignored them. Typically, that would shut them up after they wore out the new insults they had planned out. That was the pattern.

Alas, it was like the universe decided to yell, "Sike!" and throw him a curveball. Which, in hindsight, was probably a very accurate description of what happened.

"Yo, Parker!" Flash grinned as he sauntered over to the smaller boy, Brad at his side. Peter didn't respond, instead favoring walking faster. He was so close to the door, if he could just-

"C'mon, Puny, let's go for a walk," Brad snickered as he steered Peter, who hsd been slowed by the crowded halls, away from the front door and towards the exit they used everytime Flash and Brad invited him on a 'walk'.

"Y'know, Parker, I heard you got the highest score on that Algebra test today," Flash grinned. Peter's frown deepened. He wasn't in Algebra. What was Flash going on about? "Sike! My main man, Brad, got it. Ain't that right, Brad?"

"Yup, it was a ninety-four percent!" Brad beamed, puffing out his chest like he had something to prove.

"That's great," Peter complimented, though his voice was strained. He had to weasel his way out of the beating. Last time, he was lucky to have been able to move out of sight by the time the Avengers came for the rescue. And, it wasn't like Flash and Brad knew that their would be extra consequences this time. So, he tried to sweet talk them to the best of his ability. "You must be super smart to earn a ninety-four, Brad."

"I know."

"And, Flash? You're looking exceptionally nice today."

"I look exceptionally nice everyday, Puny. Now, stop trying to get out of this."

Dang, his cover was blown. Maybe he could play dumb?

"Stop trying to get out of what?"

Not that dumb! Peter knew that Flash knew that he knew what was coming his way. Flash scoffed but didn't say anything, opting to lead his prey silently for the rest of the trip, increasing the knot of dread that had wormed its way into Peter's stomach.

Once they had made it to the 'safety' of the secluded alley, Flash gave the initial shove. "You probably think you're so much better than us," Flash monologued, "with your perfect friends and your perfect grades and your perfect life."

And my perfect PTSD, Peter bitterly added internally. And my perfect, mostly-dead family.

"Not everyone gets it so easy," Brad continued. "I had to work my butt off for that ninety-four."

"It payed off, didn't it?" Peter found himself responding weakly. "I had to study really hard for my APUSH test and I still only got an eighty-six."

Apparently, that comment pushed the dynamic duo of pain over the edge because that's when they began thair assault featuring a barrage of fists and feet and potentially broken bones. Peter found soon started curling in on himself, wondering dimly if Karen would alert the team. He found it in himself not to care. If she didn't, his identity was intact. If she did, the pain might end quicker. And then, it was over. The end.