DNA

"So, what do you think they'll find in your blood?" Clint Barton asked Spider-Man as both lounged in the Avenger's living room munching on a large bowl of popcorn.

"Probably just a little bit of spider DNA along with my own," Spider-Man shrugged. "Nothing too special, just enough to help out in the med-bay."

"What if, like," he took a quick bite, "you had the cure to cancer just," another bite, "sitting inside you?"

Spider-Man sighed with a small smile. "I suppose I'd cross that bridge when I came to it."

"But, what if?"

"I'd be honored to be a part of the cure for cancer, if that's what you're asking."

Clint pouted childishly. "Are they almost done? Can you hear what they're saying?"

"Probably," Spider-Man said with an eye-roll. "Be quiet, and I'll listen." The archer lapsed into silence. Briefly, Spider-Man stiffened. Then, he stood. "I don't think they'll be finding out anything useful today. This isn't exactly Bruce or Tony's main skillset. I've got some stuff to do, so I'll see you around."

Clint tossed a piece of popcorn at him and watched as it fell harmlessly to the ground. "Boo."

"Cry about it," Spider-Man shrugged with a laugh as he jumped out the window.

A few minutes later, the frazzled pair of scientists walked out of the elevator. It was like they'd seen a ghost or something. (Inky. They saw InkytheGhost . Jk.)

"Who peed your pants?" Clint asked, not quite making sense, but already in too deep to back down from the odd sentence.

Bruce moved past it quickly. "Where'd Spider-Man go?"

"I asker him to listen and see what was up with you two. He said you weren't close and then left to run errands or something lame. Why? Have a breakthrough?"

Tony and Bruce shared a look. "Do you think he heard?" Bruce whispered seriously.

"What?" Clint asked, standing suddenly. "What's going on? Does he have cancer or something? Was my cancer question insensitive-? Oh gosh, is he off panicking and thinking that he's die-"

"He's my son," Tony said softly.

Clint blanched. "What?"

"We match. Spider-Man's roughly two percent spider, fifty percent his mother, and fifty percent me, his father. We're still figuring out the exact numbers, but..." Tony trailed off. "Would he really have bailed if he knew?"

Clint paused and thought about it. There had been multiple occasions where Spider-Man had made a joke about donning the spandex to avoid emotionally charged and important conversations. "Spider-Man? No way he knows. That guy is great at feelings." Spider-Man wasn't great at feelings, but neither was Tony, and Clint didn't want to know what Tony would do if he thought Spider-Man had run from the idea of them being relations.

\(^~^)\

Two weeks later, no one from the team had managed to make contact with Spider-Man, and not for lack of trying. An alert system had been set up so that they could arrive wherever Spider-Man went, but he became so efficient that he'd be long gone before they could catch even a glimpse.

"He must know," Tony huffed at yet another resolved crime scene. He turned to the day's companion: Clint. "He's even been holding back on the puns to speed things up."

"I'm sure he doesn't-"

"He's avoiding me!"

"He's avoiding all of us!"