Let's Talk Later, Kay? P2

Peter's life was perfect. He had loads of friends, a hot girlfriend. He was an awesome superhero who everyone loved and he had no trauma whatsoever!

At least, that's what I wish it was like.

Peter Parker here. You can ignore that first paragraph. Yeah, my life kinda sucks. Growing up, my parents never came to school events or hid money under my pillow when I lost a tooth. No, they were a little held up six feet under. For the most part, my aunt and uncle raised me. Then my uncle took a one-way trip to visit my parents by standing on the wrong end of a gun. My luck was absolutely rotten! It had gotten so bad that I had even given it a name: Parker Luck.

Parker Luck was responsible for a lot of things in my life, including my freaky mutant spider abilities. Yeah, I was throwing up for weeks while those set in, totally thought I was dying. I became Spider-Man in an attempt to make the most of my no good luck and help people. Not only did I make the most of my luck, I also managed to make a few enemies. I mean, I've battled the Vulture, the evil Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, and even my final exams! I'd been crushed under buildings, fought in my boxers, stretched to my limits, and forced to pull all-nighters.

From the outside, I lived an awesome life. But, having delt with the results of all those all-nighters, I had to disagree. Of course, there were some perks to being able to dodge bullets and climb walls - perks that didn't included saving my life and getting out of sticky situations.

Ha, see what I did there? Sticky situations. Ouch, tough crowd!

Anways, I did get to meet and work with the Avengers on numerous occasions. Granted, they didn't realize that they were fighting alongside the most sleep-deprived superteen in all of existence, but still. The Avengers. Holy frickity frack tic tac, it was amazing. I've battled robots, disarmed bombs, taken down HYDRA bases, and more while hanging with the team I was unofficially apart of.

The only thing that stood in the way of actually joining them for real was my secret identity. Black Widow had mentioned that if I wanted to join, I was welcome to. They just wanted to know who was under the webbed spandex mask. At the time, I had declined saying that I had some things to get together before I committed myself. Really, I was just scared. If the Avengers, the elite of the elite in the superhero community, knew how much of a loser I really was. I mentally decided that, as long as I had a choice, they absolutely couldn't know who I was.

Remember those villains I mentioned earlier? Yeah, one of them took that choice away from me. Codename? The Vulture. Real name? Adrian Toomes, AKA my Homecoming date's dad. Thanks, Parker Luck! Thanks to his connection to my meager civilian love life, he figured out my identity. Bye, bye, secret double life! Or, so I thought. I was kinda surprised when he didn't rat me out to his prison buddies considering I ruined the years of work he put into his secret weapons black market.

But, it all made sense when he crashed into my high school after escaping captivity and outed me as the web-slinging hero everyone knows and JJJ hates.

What did I do after taking him down, albeit halfway across the city, and being confronted by Iron Man himself? I chickened out big time! Which, by the way, shouldn't even be possible considering I'm part spider, not part chicken!

So, there I was, swinging throughout New York for the first time without wearing full-body spandex, terrified out of my wits as I rushed back to school. Upon returning, I dusted myself off and immediately took note of the lack of evacuated students. An older janitor poked his head out of the gaping hole in the cafeteria.

"Hey, kid!" he hollered. I glanced at him with a puzzled expression. "Noe that the notorious villain known as the Vulture is gone, the Principal had to resume class!"