And They Were NEIGHBORS PART 2!!!

"You're being requested in the living room."

Spider-Man looked up from where he'd gotten distracted trying to stack as many web canisters as he could. "Oh, uh, thanks Friday. I'll be there in a sec." He looked around. There was still a lot of unpacking to do, but he really had just spent the last hour playing the most unstable game of Jenga with himself, huh?

Disappointed and confused, he made his way to where he'd been summoned. Spider-Woman had traded her suit for some casual clothes (naturally leaving the mask on) and was sitting on the couch chatting with Natasha. Steve, Tony, and Clint took up the remaining couch space, so Spider-Man perched himself on the loveseat.

"What's up?"

"We're about to order pizza," Tony said offhandedly. "What do you want and how much will you eat?"

"I don't care, and I've not been full since I got my powers, so at least a pie to myself."

"That's concerning," Natasha mumbled.

Tony ignored the comment and asked Friday to place the order.

"You about done getting settled?" Spider-Woman asked.

"Absolutely not," Spider-Man deadpanned. "I got so distracted. You?"

"Just about. My only distraction was reading this book I forgot I packed."

"I wouldn't be able to recover from that," Spider-Man laughed. "What were you reading?"

"Animal Farm."

"Oo, communism."

"Affirmative, comrade."

"How was the drug bust Friday?"

Spider-Woman snorted. "Topic change, okay. Uh, it went well? I only, like, barely got poked with a bullet."

"Noice."

"Wait," Clint paused, narrowing his eyes. "Do you mean you got shot."

"Only barely," Spider-Man defended. "I'm sure she was fine. Right, Ponytail?"

"Yeah, I totally survived. I mean, I checked to see if you were home, but I think you got caught up in patrol."

"Oh yeah, I think that was the night Black Cat staged that heist."

"Yuck."

"Hm?"

"I don't like Black Cat very much," Spider-Woman frowned. She looked over at the Avengers to see if they were lost, but they'd long since gotten entangled in their own conversation. Spider-Woman moved to sit next to Spider-Man for convenience. "She's literally a burglar."

"We aren't supposed to like bad guys, Ponytail."

"Yeah, but she had that weird 'I'm good now' phase, didn't she? I'm all for redemption arcs, but she did not commit very well."

"That's fair."

"How long until you think you manage to catch her?"

"I dunno. She's got a knack for getting past the ol' Spider-Sense."

"You mean you don't know how to handle flirting."

"Believe me, she's not interested in me like that anymore. All it took was one rant about DnD-"

"That explains it. When did she realize that you're a dork-a-ceros?"

"Took a second, I'll admit. Must have been hard to look past this prime specimen of a male body," Spider-Man grinned, flexing a bicep for good measure. He only stopped when he earned the laugh he was looking for.

"All that strength and you biggest muscle is still your heart," Spider-Woman tsked. "Maybe you should work out a little more so your personality doesn't overshadow your 'prime specimen'."

Spider-Man thought about it. "Or I could make the spandex tighter?"

"Ew, no," Spider-Woman laughed, slapping him lightly. "In fact, you should go change into something more comfortable. I'll get you one of my masks to wear to you aren't breathing through spandex all the time."

"Dope, I'm down."

'•~•'

Spider-Man climbed into the living room after his patrol and glanced around to see Clint and Spider-Woman burning the midnight oil. "Hey guys! Guess what!"

"You saw a puppy on patrol?" Clint guessed.

"You got stabbed?" Spider-Woman said a second after.

"Shot, actually. Well, grazed, really. Did you know Kraven's back?" Spider-Man was already moving towards his room, and Spider-Woman stood to help, their old wound-tending routine not forgotten. Clint just gaped.

"Wasn't he that hunter guy?"

"Ye."

"Darn."

Soon, Spider-Man threw his door open and snagged a childish art box full of random medical supplies and passed it off to his friend. He clicked his emblem to loosen the suit, pulling it down to his waist so the injury was in clear view. He grabbed the room's office chair and sat on it backward. "Do your worst, Doc."

"If that's what you really want." They paused the banter as she worked meticulously to disinfect everything. As she was wrapping it up, she spoke again. "So, what happened?"

"I ran into Deadpool, but I decided to surprise him, and, well..."

"At least it wasn't a katana, idiot."

"Yeah, well, I also stopped several muggings and a gas station robbery."

"Looks like you stayed busy for a while then."

"It was boring until it picked up closer to ten," Spider-Man huffed, sounding very childlike.

"So glad I decided to stick to taking down organized crime for right now."

"...Do you ever think about how counterproductive the white suit is when you do so much stealth work?"

Spider-Woman shook her head. "I have a dark version for when I do surveillance. I only wear the white suit when I want to be seen, so that they aren't looking for the dark suit."

"That's really clever."

"Thanks, now don't go spilling my secrets to the criminal underworld."

"I'll have to think about it."

"Fair. Try not to sell me out."

"I'll try. It'll be hard though."

"So hard."

"The hardest."

"Do you want to binge The Office with me until we get tired?" Spider-Woman asked.

Spider-Man stared at his TV. "That's what she said."

A/N 🥺👉👈 should I maybe do another part....???? (If you can't tell, I'm slowly setting up a plot here)