Vibranium

Info: Avengers dunno SM's ID. No one does. Just a reminder that not even super strength can break out of vibranium. Warning: major character death, mention of torture, gore, and angst... Minimal comidic relief😱!

Spider-Man woke up groggily. Wait... Spider-Man? Usually he woke up as Peter Parker? What the frickity frack tickity tic tac snic snac flip flap?!

Everything about his initial actions were languid and his horror-stricken audience could easily tell how much exhaustion he felt. He slowly cracked his eyes open, shutting them quickly and mentally cursing the offending sunlight for insisting on shining in his eyes. Trying again, he allowed his visual orbs to take in his surroundings. There was a fence. But, was it a fence? It reminded him of a police barricade. The people behind it look like they were shouting, yelling. What was this? A riot? If he could just move, maybe he could calm them d-

Was that Aunt May? What was Aunt May doing in the middle a riot? Wait, why was Aunt May rioting? What was she screaming? She was looking directly at him. If he could just-

Like a switch had been flipped, his audio receptors kicked in to gear and he tried to process the onslaught of sounds. There was hooting and hollering and screaming and yelling and heartbeats and cocking guns and babies wailing and all Spider-Man knew was that he just wanted it all to stop. His head turned frantically when he registered that he had indeed heard a gun being cocked. Several guns were being cocked, in fact. He wasn't sure if he liked the fact that the men holding them were on the same side of the fence as he was.

He needed to find out what the heckity heck was going on. Who was in charge? Who were those men? How did the guy closest to him aquire that red stain on his arm? Wait, that wasn't a stain. It was embroidery.

Were those eight limbs? An octopus had eight limbs, right? They were soft-bodied sea creatures, belonging to the order Octopodia. Why would the man have a mollusc embroidered on his black uniform arm? Upon further inspection, he noticed that the other men he had spotted sported identical armbands.

Bad... Octopus... Bad... Why?

He recalled a conversation he had with the Avengers after guys with similar armbands had attacked New York. The octupus bands were bad news. But why? He had a foe named Doc Oc. Could that have anything to do with it? Maybe, but he had put Oc back in prison just three days prior.

Every tangenr of thought brought his brain back to the same conclusion: he needed to get his muscles back online and working again. He closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh, twitching his fingers and his toes. He tried to move his arms and felt opposition. He pushed and pulled and yanked, but nothing would get his arms to budge.

He noticed for the first time that he was upright. He was being held up by... something. Restraints, possibly. Which, naturally, would mean that he had gained an opinion about being on the same side of that barrier as the octopus loving men armed with heavy artillery.

Almost immediately after stumbling upon the answer, a firy pain shot up his leg. Straining to look down, he frowned beneath his mask at the bullet wound, which was closing up. He must have been shot before or during his little nap. But, if the hole closed before he got the bullet out... Oh no.

He struggled a little harder, but stopped when the blunt end of the man closest to him's firearm gave him a bloody noose.

"You absolute coat-hanger!" Spider-Man growled, semi-aggressively. He had learn a long time ago from MJ that it mattered little what word you insulted someone with, just that 'you absolute' was in front of it. He got called an 'absolute window' enough times to know think there might have been a little credit to it.