Can't Lie Your Way Out of A Missing Limb P2

Info: I got a request for a part two by @LibbyDarcy !!

"Peter! You're okay!"

"Glad you're not dead, loser. Ned was worried."

"I wasn't the only one! MJ spent last night pacing in my room thinking you died."

"Nedward Leeds, shut your mouth before I shut it for you."

Peter smiled. He had vacated his hospital room a few minutes prior in favor of heading up to a guest room reserved for those rare occasions when Spider-Man had to sleep over, and he had just started a group Skype call. "I didn't mean to get everyone so worked up," Peter apologized. "Sorry for that, by the way. I was sleeping off my injuries."

"What were they like this time?" Ned asked, his eyes shining with guilt. He hadn't been able to be the Guy in the Chair when it happened.

"Uh, I had severe lacerations and little pieces of metal in my chest, but they got those out. That's pretty much healed, so yay."

"That's a lot better than expected," MJ remarked. "You were almost blown up."

"I, uh, I didn't quite finish," Peter mumbled, earning concerned glances. "I'm not going to be able to hide this particular one from people, so I'm planning on spilling the beans about my nighttime activities and my affinity for spandex."

"Get on with it," MJ prodded.

"R-right, um," Peter grimaced, stumbling over his words. He rolled up his sleeve to show the robotic arm on full display, turning so they were aware of the awesome spider emblem. "They had to-to amputate."

"Oh my gosh," Ned gasped, eyes going wide.

MJ's expression was similar before she schooled it once again. "Peter," she frowned. The said teenager wasn't sure if she was trying to scold him or if it had slipped out unintentionally or what was going through her brain.

"I-I know it looks bad, but there were these civilians, a-and I heal fast."

MJ sighed, looking awfully unimpressed. She was, she just made sure he didn't know that. "Pete, if you keep this up, you might get yourself killed. I refuse to sit alone with Dork Number Two at lunch, so I need you alive."

"I'm not trying to die," Peter countered. "There just isn't a lot of time to think through consequences in the heat of the moment. We have just enough time to process what might happen to the innocents, and then we have to make our decision. Besides, what's done is done. Now, I have to give out my identity, and I figured you guys might want in on the planning action."

MJ and Ned smirked. I grinned.

"Hey, guys, I'm Spider-Man!" The black screen was replaced with an awfully close video of the mask of said vigilante.

He stepped back to a more manageable distance, giving the world a clear view to his new suit. The red had been darkened to match the metallic gleam of his arm and the blue had been altered to match. The sleeves were cut off raggedly at the shoulder, though a red sports-sleeve with webbing on it was worn by his good arm, and his hands were adorned with fingerless gloves that held his web-shooters. It was also more apparent that it was a two-piece, not a onesie.

"I saw the news, and I know you guys were worried about me, but I'm okay! Mostly! Kinda lost a limb, but it was a noble sacrifice, right?" He chuckled nervously, rubbing his robotic appendage in a newly-developed anxious gesture. "Anyways," he continued, plowing through to the interesting part, "I've decided to do something fun to distract you - and myself, I guess - from the bit about almost getting blown to bits. I'm going to be putting out a challenge video every other day this week. Today, I'm doing the Duct Tape Challenge!!"