I May or May Not Have Issues

Info: mentions of rape and murder. The only Avenger to know SM's identity is Mr. Stark

In my defense, I didn't think it was important.

So, I maybe, probably, kind of should have told my dysfunctional family that pretty much all of my biological family had died brutal deaths. But, I mean, why would the frick fracking Avengers need to know that my parents died on a plane as evil baddies boarded to steal their work in the middle of a freak storm? Or, why would the knowledge that my uncle bled out in my arms years later be of any use to them? Although, I admit, I should've mentioned I was getting bullied.

Besides, I liked my privacy; not my pity-me-because-my-life-sucks-acy.

Then again, I probably should've mentioned my less than perfect past when we came across a villain that would be pretty low level if it weren't for the fact that he could manipulate your worst memories against you. That's a big oof when dealt against pretty much any superhero. What? My kind has a lot of tragic past issues.

I mean, come on! Cap got frozen in ice for seventy years, Tin Can got kidnapped and had his life threatened, Widow was raised as an assassin, ect. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory that no Avenger had a pretty past.

I guess the other Avengers didn't. And that, ladies and gents, is why I got my pitiful self exposed. I was exposed not only to the Avengers as the orphan kid who had been raped and was dealing with bullies and panic attacks on a daily basis, but to the world.

"C'mon, Spidey," Mr. Barton coaxed as the team was discussing a game plan in a conference room at SI, "you said you're on the young side, right? All we're going to see are a couple of skinned knees and maybe a couple rejections from girls!" Did I mention that Mr. Stark was the only Avenger who knew who I was? Well, the others knew I was the youngest among them after some villain told me that they were my worst nightmare and I decided to tell said baddie that I've had worse about failing AP Bio. Oops.

"I-I don't know," I stammered, hoping that the fact that I was hesitant instead of rushing off into battle would have the others realizing that my childhood was by no means perfect.

"Kiddo," Mr. Stark asked, "you're still pretty green in this whole superhero business. We've all got cases of PTSD and have got a lot of horrible experiences for this guy to through back at us again. You're young. You haven't even had a panic attack yet. What's there to fear?"

"Look, if you really want me to fight this guy, then I will. I just, there are some things I don't want to have to experience again, let alone have everyone watch," I sighed. "But, whatever. 'With great power comes great responsibility'." I webbed a window open and leapt out to find Kane Long, the man who had recovered some alien tech from the Vulture incident making him too difficult for the police to catch. With his mutant memory projection abilities, he was a difficult catch for superheroes as well.

I found him robbing a bank with minimum resistance. I swung down and landed behind him, barely noticing the relieved faces of the nearby pedestrians. "Hiya, Mr. Criminal!"

Kane turned and I took in his stunningly blond hair, menacing brown eyes and tan skin. As he took in my figure, he grinned. "Ready to be exposed, Bug-Boy?"

I shrugged, "Not particularly, can we skip that part?"

"Not a chance, Spiderman!" Kane cackled. He set down his money bag and gripped the alien gun in one hand. He extended a finger on his free hand and I jumped out of the way of the beam of light that extended from it. I guessed that, if I got hit, he would be able to project all my worst memories. I continued to dodge, but all my attempts to close the space between us were shot down. I couldn't get an opening between defending myself and the innocents nearby.