And They Were NEIGHBORS PART 5!!!

Info: okay, clarification about this au some more. MJ and Peter never dated in high school, but were kind of friends. Ned is still Peter's best friend, naturally. Obviously Tony is still alive because reasons. May's still dead. Most people forgot about Peter, but I'm making Ned remember because I said so. Idk maybe Peter found out how to restore the memories. As for Spider-Woman technically already being a very different Marvel character: I basically just wanted to use the title, but she's wearing the Spider-Girl suit that Mary Jane wore in Renew Your Vows (?) you're also about to see the first hint that maybe the spider affected them differently, which is also comic-accurate because there are several people that got bit and came out with some minor variations in effects. Anyway, enjoy!

"Are we out of chocolate?" Spider-Man hollered as he glanced through the cabinets with his left hand.

"Maybe," Clint hollered back from the living room. "Want Fri to order some?"

"It's fine," Spider-Man pouted, resisting the urge to scratch his right shoulder. "I just wanted some. Maybe I could swing by that one pla- wait, I really shouldn't swing, and I don't feel like walking... Oo! M&Ms." He stepped into the living room and plopped next to Clint. "Sup."

"Why can't you swing?" Clint asked.

"Took a bit of a hit last night, don't worry about it."

"Oh, okay."

"This a MythBusters rerun?"

"Yeah."

"Man, I love MythBusters." Spider-Man tossed a handful of the candies into his mouth while struggling to find a comfortable position.

"Who were you fighting last night?"

"Uh, Kraven dealt the blow, if that's what you're curious about. He's got some other villains ganging up with him. I've got stuff to fight 'em with, but I can't just keep it all on me all the time. That's why I gotta pin down where they're staying, which sucks cause Kraven knows how to not get caught."

"Cause he's a hunter."

"Well, yeah."

"Have you ever been hunting? Er, camping? Most people just camp."

"Once."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

'•~•'

Spider-Woman walked into the living room, quickly spotting her target lounging on the couch (a surprise considering she half-expected him to be on patrol at that point). "Hey, idiot, why's your room a hot mess?"

Spider-Man twisted to look at her, squinting. "Why were you in my room?"

"I needed to borrow a pen. I still need a pen, by the way. I'm not sure what sort of weird organizational system you've got going on right now, but there's no way I'll be figuring it out anytime soon."

"Can I see?" Clint asked, amused.

Spider-Man shrugged a little before grimacing. "Sure. Just, uh, it's pretty spidery, y'know?"

Spider-Woman scoffed. "That's an understatement." She led the way, glancing back at Clint. "You'd think that it had been abandoned for centuries with the amount of webbing everywhere."

"Revenge of the spiders," Spider-Man muttered to himself. He blinked. "Wait, you're telling me that you don't climb around compulsively?"

"Not as much as you apparently do." Spider-Woman swung the door open to reveal what was essentially a giant spiderweb. Each thread was placed near an area Spider-Man regulared, and his bed had long since been lofted into the air by the silver strands. On the floor, a board had a plethora of pictures and magnets and red yarn, all connecting together some part of a minor case he was working on. Plastered all across one of the walls was a much larger splay of similar work on a different subject. A small desk with a computer and a printer was in a corner, one of the few items along with the bookshelf and lab table that was still grounded. Skateboard hung from the ceiling like a grunge chandelier, the centerpieces being tattered hero suits in need of repair.

"Believe it or not, this is my standard for clean," Spider-Man shrugged, immediately jumping into the tangle of webs and finding a seemingly random utensil pouch. He looked at his friends upside down, his knees supporting him. "My apartment's like this. I was busy at first after moving in here, so I only got to it just recently thanks to a certain injury." He put the pen in his mouth and flipped over to another web, carefully only using his left hand. He landed in front of them and held out the pen.

"That was just in your mouth," Spider-Woman pointed out.

"All my pens have, to be honest," Spider-Man shrugged. "Yay or nay?"

Spider-Woman shook her head as she took the writing implement from him, carefully wiping it off on his clothing, which he didn't seem to mind. "You're a very chaotic individual."

Spider-Man smiled, taking it as a compliment. His phone started going off, so he fished it out of his pocket. "Yello?" He glanced at his companions and stepped away, turning to the side. "Dude, call down for a second. Take a breath. What's wrong with Betty?" There was a sharp intake of breath. "Text me the location, I'll be there soon. Later, bro. Don't worry too much. I'll handle it." He hung up and turned back. "I've gotta go deal with a hostage situation."

"I thought you couldn't swing?" Clint frowned.

"I shouldn't swing. I'll probably pull some stitches or whatever," Spider-Man explained as he tugged his shirt off and grabbed his suit from the wall, revealing heavy bandages over his right shoulder. He maneuvered quickly throughout the webs, discarding the civilians clothes he was wearing and slipping on the full mask over the small one. "It'll be fine. This is fine."

"What happened?" Spider-Woman grunted as she took of her shirt because she'd apparently been supermaning her suit underneath her clothes.

"Kraven. Spear to the shoulder," Spider-Man explained, checking over his web-shooters. Clint went white.

"Yeah, you're going to need some backup then," she decided, pulling her gloves on and securing her own shooters.

"We finally going to have our first team-up, Ponytail?"

"Only because you're reckless as heck."

"Can't deny that." He noted the address on his phone. "Okay, follow me." He glanced toward the doorway and waved with two fingers as he opened a window and sat precariously. "Later, Clint." He leaned back and fell out of the tower, immediately beginning to take stock of where his next web would land.

Just a moment later, Spider-Woman had flipped out of the same window, using a web to slam it shut. "What part of town are we heading?"

"We've got to get to Midtown." Spider-Man shot his first web. "Don't worry Ned," he breathed, "Betty's going to be fine."

A/N I'm heading off to camp and going to get my phone taken, so I'm about to go radio silent until late Thursday (might get some comments responded to) or Friday (might get the next part out)

Later gaters