And They Were NEIGHBORS PART 11!!!

"You've been on the streets fighting crime for how many years? And you still can't recognize drugs when you see them?" Spider-Woman spat swiftly as she swatted what honest-to-goodness looked like a fruit snack right out of Spider-Man's grasp.

"What was that for‽" he huffed, already bending down to retrieve the plastic baggie in his ignorance.

"They're edibles, idiot! Pop one of those and you'll be high as a kite!"

Spider-Man paused mid-bend and glanced up. His lenses narrowed. "Elaborate."

Spider-Woman rolled her eyes. "You're acting like I've committed treason or something. They're just 'fruit snacks'." Spider-Man gasped and took a step away from her. She shook her head in disbelief. "You've got to be kidding- Okay, look, I don't know who makes them or what they're made of or anything too deep about them, but I do know that they'll take you on a wild ride."

"And how do you know this?"

"Because I've dealt with drug cartels before...?"

Spider-Man crossed his arms and looked off into the night dramatically. "Fine. Let's just get home before the fireworks."

Spider-Woman blinked. "Fireworks?"

"Well, yeah," Spider-Man shrugged. "It's the Fourth of July."

Spider-Woman began to slip out her phone. "No it's no-" Her lock-screen served to correct her. "Huh, would you look at that."

"Don't need to. I'm capable of keeping track of the day - even when I sleep through July third."

Spider-Woman fumed.

"How'd you even know the bust was today if you didn't know the date?"

"I set a reminder on-!" Her fire dissipated. "You know what? This is pointless. Let's just go."

Spider-Man stared at her for a good twenty seconds, not saying anything and letting the background chaos of sirens and talking and the occasional BOOM of an early firework. Finally, he extended an arm and shot a web. He yanked and flung himself into the air. If the small laugh was anything to go by, he figured that his neighbor was hot on his tail.

'Get it?' he thought without thinking. 'Because she's kinda h- Nope! Not going there! Ewwww! Weird! Weird! Weird! Sir! This is a Wendy's!'

Okay, he laughed at that last bit, but outwardly it seemed like he was just really psyched about doing a flip between webs.

BOOM!

A firework went off a block or so over. Both vigilantes jerked their heads to get a view of the explosion. It was so loud.

BOOM!

Another firework took off a block to the other side. They flinched at the sound.

BOOM!

One shot up just half a mile in front of them. Spider-Woman nearly missed her next shot to cover her ears. Spider-Man's little flip looked a little too much like the fetal position.

BOOM!

Spider-Man twisted in panic as this one narrowly missed destroying his leg. Sure, it had gotten a bit too close for comfort. And sure, he thought he could feel his suit boiling on his left leg, but at least he could still swing.