(USM) The Truth About Spider-Man P2

Info: Part 2 to "The Truth About Spider-Man". Ultimate Spider-Man universe. Recap: Spider-Man was bitten by a venomous mutant creation of Doc Oc. The mutation of the civilian involved was temporary, seeing as Oc never intended to actually win, but was trying to gather information by creating a truth venom. Seeing as Spidey got bit during the fight, the effects started to set in moments after he wrapped it up. According to Doc Connors, it would go through a normal persons system in a month, but Spider would be able to return to his normal life the following Monday due to hypermetabolism. The only problem? He's still trying to keep his identity a secret from his team and it's becoming a lot harder to not spill the tea... It's still Monday in this

Ava Ayaala was confused. It was time for an impromptu training session Director Fury had ordered and so she immediately rushed off to find her suit. Except, it wasn't her suit. Sure, it looked like a White Tiger uniform, but it definitely wasn't the one she was used to.

It had the white base, as per standard, but black tiger stripes were on the shoulders and nesr the waist. Further investigation revealed that they were flexable armor pieces ideal in situations where she didn't have time to block, but could maneuver whatever weapon to hit there. She also realized that it wasn't spandex anymore. It was still flexible, but it felt sturdier. She decided to put it on, immediately noticing that she could breathe through the fabric easier. But, she couldn't see.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Her lenses lit up and she was amazed at the technology coursing through them. She seemed to have facial recognition software, a gps, and... a tracker? She felt the tip of her heel as instructed and a small bleach white dot popped out and into her palm. She could track her own villains now!

After reinserting the small device, she quickly rushed to the training room to find her teammates with similar upgrades. Nova was chatting with Power Man and Iron Fist about how he 'didn't think it was possible to improve on the Nova tech' in his helmet and how SHIELD must have recruited a genius scientist recently.

Iron Fist added that whoever had messed with his reinforced the soles of his feet really well, like they knew the rooftop running without any powers to keep his feet in check other than years of training. He also mentioned some technological features that were very advanced, but not overbearing and messing with his natural chi while wearing the suit.

Power Man continued on to talk about a computer built into his new glasses that worked out complicated physics in seconds to assist in battle in areas his brute strength needs leverage.

One thing was for sure, whoever made the upgrades was a genius.

"Glad to see you like the new suits," Fury deadpanned as he stepped into the room. "I talked to Connors and Spider-Man will be sitting this one out. Apparently they had a mishap in the lab and Spider-Man said more than he would have liked. They moved him to a private area. He'll be joining you tomorrow when the serum has begun to die down and he gains more control over his words."

"Who made the upgrades?" White Tiger found herself blurting.

"I'll let you see him after the session."

~skip~

The session ended fairly quickly. The upgrades were helpful and everyone was anxious to meet the new inventor. Half an hour later, Agent Coulson was walking a slightly sweaty leaderless team of Ultimates through the corridors of SHIELD.

"You aren't allowed to talk to him today, but feel free to observe. If he decides to risk conversation, don't do anything stupid and don't ask him any questions," Coulson instructed, laying the ground rules for the visit. It wouldn't actually be much of a visit as much as it would be them looking through a glass wall while he did whatever he was currently working on.

Upon arriving at the glass wall, they all looked on, eager to catch a glimpse of the nerd who was at home in his natural habitat. Their eyes glazed over the scene in front of them several times before they spotted a pair of legs sficking out from under a SHIELD certified car. He was wearing a pair of greg basketball shorts and seemed to be shirtless from what they could tell, seeing as he was only far enough under to hide his shoulders and head from sight.

Now, the team honestly expected to find a scrawny nerd who probably didn't even know how to hold a gun, but this guy was different. He was ripped, in two entirely different senses. On one hand, the dude was bringing it! His muscles were well toned and they definitely caught brief look of a six-pack as they watched him tinker. On the other hand, the dude's skin literally seemed to have been ripped to shreds with the impressive amount of scarring that covered his torso.

Where did SHIELD find this guy?

He sat there for a few minutes before speaking. "Hey, Karen. I'm almost finished here. How's your download coming?"

The team was confused. There wasn't anyone else in the lab. Who was Karen. "Seventy-three percent complete," a female voice announced.

It took a moment before it dawned on Nova. "It's an AI," he whispered. With his alien tech, an AI was still advanced as far as he was concerned, which made him wonder more about the mystery scientist. He turned to Coulson. "What's this guy's name again?"

Coulson smiled and nodded towards the figure who seemed to be prepping to slide back out into the open. "You'll see."

"Okay, Karen. You order the part I requested to fix this earlier?"

"Yes, do I need to place another order?"

"Nah, that'll be it." Then he slid out from under the car and stood. There, in nothing but greese marks and basketball shorts, stood Spider-Man. It was obvious the mask he was using was an older version of his current one, from the way he let it get dirty and the fact that cables seemed to be running inside the newest one. "Dang, I think I need a shower after that. Wouldn't want to get the other prototypes dirty." He grabbed a spare black t-shirt he had lying around and exited the room to see his team staring at him. "Uh, you can look around, I guess. Don't touch anything. If you have any questions, ask Karen." With that he scurried off to clean himself.

A/N Okay, this is IMPORTANT. Like, ¡MFI! (Mr. Reeder came up with that. It means ¡Muy Freaking Importante!) Okay, so I don't have wifi at home which means I use mobile and operate on Wattpad with my data. I had been trying to keep the mutliple part oneshots grouped together, but there's a bit of a bug and now the chapter orders are all messed up. If you look at the chapter title list, you'll notice that this part 2 is before the part 1. I'm trying to fix it, but the issue is still there because the chapters aren't moving where I want them. Tomorrow, I'll be at a computer at a place with wifi, so I'm going to try and fix it again, but I can't promise anything.

Also, there will be more to "The Truth About Spider-Man"