Mother of All Onshots

Wassup? My name is Jocelyn and I'll be your author this fine evening. I love Spider-Man, especially the thought of the Avengers being totally oblivious to certain aspects of him (his age, background ect.) So, expect a LOT of that.

Also, very little of this is edited, so feel free to point out typos and please keep vulgar language and profanities to a minimum. I get that sometimes you get excited and it slips, but please don't be the reader that has a comment on every chapter that drops the f-bomb.

I will take requests, but I do not do any gay ships. I just don't write that stuff, I have nothing against the gay community. I have a friend who's gay and another who's bi, so don't get the wrong idea, because I don't hate on the LGBTQ+ community, I just don't really agree with it.

Anywho, I figured the first chapter should be absolutely epic, so it's really long and well thought out. Enjoy!

Peter Parker: a fifteen-year-old nerd and total loser at school. Not the sort of person you'd expect to find leading a double life. Definitely not the sort of person you'd expect to see running around decked out in full body spandex fighting crime and making horrible quips. Yet, somehow, that was the case. Peter Parker was the widely known vigilante and part-time Avenger known as Spiderman. He could do just about anything a spider could, including sticking to walls, shooting webs both naturally and with a specially designed web-shooter, spider strength, enhanced senses and emotions, and a sixth sense alerting him of danger that he dubbed his 'Spidey sense'.

Peter also had a rough past. When he was little, both of his parents crashed away when their plane crashed, leaving little Pete in the care of his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Several years later, Peter went on a field trip to a company called Oscorp his freshman year of high school and got bitten by a radioactive spider that happened to have been loose at the time. He got freakishly sick, but recovered and developed his insanely awesome spider powers. He happened to have stumbled upon a robbery, but failed to do anything to capture the culprit, who later shot his Uncle Ben. Vowing never to let what happened to Ben happen to anyone else so long as he could do anything about it, Peter became Spiderman.

For the first few months, he paraded around in an ultimate DIY costume that made use of a red sweatshirt with a spider drawn on it and blue sweatpants with whatever shoes he wore at the time. He also sported a pair of black swimmer's goggles to help hide his identity. Eventually, he developed a more permanent costume that consisted of red and blue spandex with black web designs and a spider on his front and back. This was around the time he began to gain recognition as a true hero. Iron Man, AKA the billionaire genius and Avenger known as Tony Stark, reached out when the team was going through a little civil war, recruiting the boy off the streets, completely oblivious to the fact that he had been fourteen at the time. He took advantage of Stark's wealth while he was with him, creating a new suit with similar design but with a more breathable fabric and high-tech lenses and ear pieces to prevent any sensory overloads while out as a hero. After things settled down for the team, Spiderman continued to train with them and remained on standby as a part-time Avenger.

A few weeks into his sophomore year, his best friend, Ned Leeds, ended up discovering his secret and began to work behind the scenes as the 'Guy in the Chair' or 'Chair Guy'. He hacked into security footage and proved a valuable member to the spider team. Homecoming came and passed, with it an evil villain named Vulture, also known by his last names Toomes, that Spidey defeated after being trapped under a collapsed building and an unfortunate plane crash. Shortly after his Aunt May walked in his secret, but continued to allow her nephew's hero work.

All in all, life was mostly good for the friendly neighborhood Webhead. Sure, he was bullied and money was tight. And, yes, he had developed claustrophobia and a small case of PTSD, but it wasn't anything his fifteen-year-old self couldn't handle. His real trouble was just getting started, and it all began on the anniversary of his parents' deaths. What a depressing way to start a story.