Four.

Heyyy sorry it took me so long. I have no legitimate excuse. It's a little longer so hopefully this makes up for it.

Let me know what you think. Excuse any mistakes and enjoy.

Naomi's POV

"Just great." I said sarcastically to myself.

Of course I would start my period while at work. Any other time she comes at night. Now she wanna come in the morning.

Luckily I knew it was near so I have supplies but I don't have the energy for cramps today. I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I wanna be left alone.

I feel like us ladies should get at least a day off once a month for the start of our periods. This thing isn't for the faint of heart.

We gotta go about our business like nothing is wrong. Cramps be whoopin our ass and we gotta put on a smile. Can't even laugh for real either.

Once I got myself cleaned up and taken care of, I exited the bathroom and went back to the office. We have a long road trip so I'm preparing for that as well.

"Knock, knock." Doc said.

"Hey Doc. Wassup?" I asked.

"I'm gonna have Cody come down here to you. He hasn't been feeling good. Need you to check him out."

"Okay. That's fine." I looked at him weird cause he doesn't usually tell me when someone is coming. They just show up.

"Thank you." He smiled and left. That was weird.

Cody came in and sat in my chair since I was standing on the other side of the room.

"Uh Uh. Y'all know you don't sit in my chair. Get up." I snapped my fingers at him.

"But I'm sick."

"Nigga me too. Now get yo ass up."

"The disrespect." He whispered and shook his head. "Anyway. Doc sent me down here so you could see what was up." He hopped on my desk.

What's up with these big ass boys wanting to sit on things they shouldn't. Like my chair, my desk, even scores tables? There's a perfectly good chair in front of my desk.

"I'm aware. Give me one second." I said while looking for my book bag that I always bring into work. "I guess I'll find it later." I mumbled and turned my attention to Cody.

I checked everything that I needed to and he waited for me to tell him what was wrong.

"You're dying." I said with a straight face.

"What?! But how? I-" he panicked.

"I'm fuckin with you." I chuckled. "You got a little cold. Probably from all that traveling we doing. Your body just needs some rest."

"And how was scaring me half to death funny? Corny ass."

"It was a joke."

"You're a joke. Short ass." He said all salty.

"Okay I'm shorter than y'all. What's new?"

"Am I good to go?"

"Yeah but you not playing in the game tomorrow."

"Why not?"

"You're sick. You'll be in bed watching the game buddy. Take this as a little break. Relax, eat something good."

He sighed. "Aight. Thanks shortie." He hopped down from my desk and patted the top of my head then left out of my office.

I feel bad for him. Cody is such a hard worker and a team player. I know he doesn't want to miss the game but his body is really pushing for a break and he needs to take it.