Thirteen.

Naomi's POV

"Thank you." I said when I received my change. I really wanted some Krispy Kreme but they're closed today so I had to settle for some from the grocery store.

I ate one as soon as I got in the car. It's Easter Sunday and I'm low key dreading dinner later. I just hope my mother respected my wishes I'm not inviting Dontae and his family. I want Melo to enjoy his time with my family.

When I got back to his apartment I went upstairs to see it was still quiet. Not that I expected to come back to anything different. They're out of playoffs so he's been sleeping more.

"Uh uh." I said to the dogs as they tried to come in the room. I closed the door behind me and immediately took my pants off to get back in bed.

I turned the tv on and took a sip of the iced coffee before trying to figure out what donut I wanted next. So many great choices.

Melo started mumbling in his sleep and turned his head in my direction. I took a donut and put it to his mouth, pressing it to his lips.

I moved it then he licked his lips so I put it back, he took a bite of it, still with his eyes shut. His eyes fluttered open and they were squinted adjusting to the light.

"Want a donut?" I asked and extended the one he ate. Instead of saying anything he opened his mouth. I fed him the rest of it before he finally said something.

"Why you got a box of donuts in bed?"

"I had a taste for them. Got me a coffee too. Want some?"

"I'm good." He leaned over to his nightstand and drank some of his water.

When he was done he came closer to me and laid his head on my lap with his arms wrapped around me the best he could.

"What time we gotta leave?" He mumbled with his eyes closed.

I closed the box and set it on my nightstand. "12:30 at the latest. I already put gas in my car so we're good to go."

"Why we taking your car?"

"Because I figured I could drive for a change and my car isn't as flashy as yours. Thought we'd keep it low key today."

"There ain't nothing wrong with my vehicles. I got a black one."

"I feel like you trying to say I can't drive." I looked down at him.

"I mean...."

"You've never even been in the car with me." I chuckled.

"I see how you be whippin out of the parking lot at the stadium. Driving like a mad woman."

"Lies." I would have got on him but he's actually a really good driver. For the most part. "You're a speed demon."

"Do we really wanna talk about speed?"

I kept quiet because he's right. I can go a little fast myself. "We can take your car if you really want to. Do you have gas?" He nodded. "How are you feeling today?"

He's been down since the season is over. He wants so badly to win a championship which is understandable. I'd assume that's every NBA player's dream.

"I feel aight." He shrugged. "It's stinging a little bit and it don't help that you about to leave too. I'll be fine though. Don't worry about me."

"I can't do that. I care too much about you not to worry." I kissed the side of his face then checked the time. "It's almost 10. What are we going to do in the meantime? Well do you still want to go? I'm totally fine if you don't want to. Just throwing that out there."