Fifty Four.

Hello, hello. How are you guys? Thank you to everyone and their condolences. I apologize for not responding back to you all but I really, and truly, appreciate it.

I got y'all a little chapter here. Probably will end it soon because they're in such a good space now and I keep taking these long hiatuses. Technically it wasn't even supposed to be this long, I just like creative writing.

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter and excuse any mistakes.

Naomi's POV

November 5
Naomi's 31st Birthday

"Did you make it?" Jayson asked me as I was on the phone with him walking the halls of this building.

"Yeah I made it but haven't found the room. You'd think I'd know where I was going since I worked here for a minute."

"Thank you for doing this for me boo. I know it's your birthday and I would have understood if you said no."

"You're welcome baby. It was something you wanted me to do more of and I'm trying."

I eventually found the room where all the ladies were. "Call me when you leave." He instructed me.

"Ok bubba." I laughed because why he acting like I'm in danger or something. "Love you."

"Love you too."

We hung up and I walked in. "Hello." I greeted everyone and found a seat.

I'm at a Celtics WAG meeting. Yeah I have never been apart of this group. I wasn't interested but Jay is a vet and my services would look good.

"Hey Naomi." Lisa, Al's wife greeted me with a hug.

I know some of the player's wives. It's not a lot of us. I'm not familiar with the girlfriends and some fiancées but we'll meet today.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked her.

"Good. I'm glad you could come. I know you're busy."

"I'm looking forward to see what you all have planned for the holidays."

It's that time to do charity and team events. I love this time of year. Giving back brings me so much joy and I usually do something with our family but this should be fun too.

"Oh and I wanted to personally say that I'm sorry for your loss as well."

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I nodded.

It's only been a couple of weeks. Everyday isn't perfect but I'm not in a terrible headspace. Jayson has been amazing during all of this and it's helped a lot. That and keeping busy. Thankfully I'm still on bereavement.

She gave me one last smile and clapped her hands. "Ok everyone. Let's get started. Welcome and thank you for coming this afternoon."

She showed a PowerPoint of what is planned in the coming months. "Any questions?" She looked around the room and asked.

"Are there going to be sign up sheets?" A girl I've never seen asked.

"Yes. I have them here but I'll also be sending them out via email for those of us who weren't able to come today, or if anything changes."

They passed an iPad around for us to sign up. It got to me and I committed to two events before passing it on. For whatever reason they read everything aloud.

"And who's Naomi?" The same girl who asked about sign up sheets asked. Lisa pointed to me while I took a sip of my water. "Is there a reason you can only do two events?"