Forty Two.

‼️Just a little disclaimer. We have a time jump. Now I don't want to see complaints or shade about forgiveness and how long it takes. It's been a while for them and days for you.‼️

Other than that enjoy my friends. Excuse any mistakes.

Nine Months Later
March

Jayson's POV

"Is Naomi coming tonight?" Desmond, the only Des I'm acknowledging from now on, asked.

"I don't know. I invited her but didn't get a response."

It's my birthday and my friends wanted to take me out. It's been a minute since Naomi left me and life has been ok. The season has been straight but of course I miss my wife.

She does not hang out with me outside of the kids but I still invite her places just in case. We're strictly coparenting in her book, and boy does she stick to the book.

At Chayse's second birthday gathering, we took family pictures and that's it. She wouldn't take any pictures with just me. Again, I get it and it's all my fault but it still hurts my feelings.

"You ready?" Brandon asked and I checked the time.

"Yeah let's roll." I stood up and made sure I had everything I needed.

We got to the spot and it was kind of packed. It's just me and a few of my friends chillin. I didn't want to do anything major.

Naomi usually threw me something with the kids and that's what I want, but how much nerve would I have to ask, or expect, her to plan something for me.

"We back here." We went in the direction of the private area.

"Surprise!" A bunch of people yelled when I turned the corner.

"What the hell?" I jumped back a little and looked shocked.

"Happy birthday daddy." Deuce came over and gave me a hug. "I wanted to tell you but it was a secret." He looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you." I kissed the top of his head and embraced him. Chayse ran over to me and extended his arms for me. "You walk perfectly fine."

"Pease dada?"

"Well in that case.." I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck just like his older brother did at his age.

I found Cam with my mom. "Happy birthday baby." She kissed my cheek.

"Thanks momma." Chayse wanted to get down so he could play with Deuce. I grabbed Camari and he relaxed in my arms. "Is Naomi here?" I asked while I looked around and she gave me a look. "It was worth a try." I shrugged.

I eventually went to mingle, get me a drink and talk to a few people when my eyes landed on a beautiful sight.