Sixteen.

Naomi's POV

I laid in slight pain on my bed with my head trying to rest on my pillow. Jayson is currently with me while Jasmine runs out and gets my medicine.

I got my wisdom teeth out today and I thought this was going to be a piece of cake...I was wrong. I'm really uncomfortable and it's just a bleh feeling.

"Open." Jayson stood over me. I immediately shook my head. "Come on you need to change your gauzes. It'll be quick. I promise."

"Have you done this before?" I managed to get out.

"Yeah." I could tell by his face he was a liar. I kept my mouth shut. I'll wait for Jasmine. "Come on Naomi. I'll be gentle. I have a kid remember? I have to be gentle."

I squinted at him and slowly opened my mouth. "Don't fuckin bite me." He said right before he put his fingers in my mouth. "Or imma smack your cheek."

I chuckled to myself because I actually considered it. He quickly took them out of my mouth before replacing them with fresh ones.

"Thanks." I mumbled and he patted the top of my head.

"You should get some rest."

"I will when my medicine gets here. Can you ice pack me please?"

He retrieved my ice pack and sat beside me holding it on the side of my face for me so I didn't have to. I was really hoping Melo would be here. I sent him a text about my appointment but never got a response.

They're playing here in Boston tonight and I actually scheduled it like that. I miss him a lot so I was hoping he could chip in, spend some time with me.

My birthday is approaching and we won't be together. I tried to find another way for us to be together with this.

I don't know. It's like he's ghosting me. At least that's what it feels like. I reach out and it's like crickets. Doesn't feel like I have a boyfriend.

He's also a busy man so I try not to look at it too deep. On the other hand, when do I let him know that I'm feeling neglected?

I heard my front door open but remained in the position I was in because I was finally getting some relief.

Jasmine rubbed over my head then opened the bag for me. "I got you a few things. Your medicine of course. I also got you some ice cream and jello. I know you don't really like soup but I got you some. I also bought mash potatoes for backup in case you're really, really against the soup."

"Thank you." I mumbled with my eyes closed.

"Did you change her gauze?" I heard her ask Jayson.

"I did."

"Did she bite you?"

"No. We had a nice little conversation prior." He softly patted my cheek after removing the ice pack then put it back.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on her. She hates being alone when she's not 100 percent."

"I can tell. She acts like Deuce." My eyes instantly opened and glared at him which caused him to laugh. "I gotta get going." He stood up. "Get some rest little girl. Bye Jasmine."

I remained in my comfortable position and gave him a peace sign. Once it was just the two of us, she gave me my medicine and I was back laying down.

"Has Melo called or texted me?" I asked on my way to sleep.

"Not yet boo. I'm sure he'll respond soon."

I slightly nodded and I was off to sleep.

LaMelo's POV