Forty Eight.

Hey, hey. How are y'all? I won't keep you long. All I ask is that we keep an open mind and that you don't kill me. Cool? Cool.

Enjoy the chapter and excuse any mistakes.

Naomi's POV

"Your turn. Come on." I said to Chayse and he stood in front of me with his eyes closed. I lotioned his face as he tried not to laugh. "All done." His eyes popped open and he grabbed my face to kiss me. "Aw thank you."

"Welcome."

I got a chill fit on, slightly baggy but it's clean. The classic red St.Louis hat fits perfectly on my head and with my outfit.

I'm in my second trimester and everything has been smooth for the most part. I'm being monitored closely since my last pregnancy but so far so good.

"Deuce Deuce. We ready kid?" I asked when he joined me in the front on the passenger side.

"Yes. How are you feeling today?" He asked as I drove us out of the garage and down the driveway.

"I'm doing good. Thank you for asking. How are you? Excited?"

"I guess." He shrugged. "It's just camp."

We're on our way to his dad's basketball camp. Deuce is in it and I'll be helping with registration as I do every year and anything else I'm needed for.

"I know but you're older now and you've grown." It was silent and I glanced over at him. Something is on his mind. "What is it?"

"Huh?" He looked at me.

"You're thinking about something. What is it?"

"You always studying me." He joked with a laugh.

"No, you Tatum boys are just really easy to read. But seriously, talk to me. If you're comfortable of course."

"Yeah I'm comfortable. I have a question but I don't want you to tell my parents."

Ah hell. We're at that stage. This is a terrible spot to put a step parent in. I love that he trusts me and is comfortable telling me things but I'm also not his biological parent. If it's super serious, I have to tell his dad.

"It depends on what you're going to tell me. You know that."

"It's not serious or bad Mimi."

"Cool so wassup?"

"There's this girl-" he stopped and pointed at me. "Don't start teasing me."

My mouth dropped open as I let out a little laugh. "I would never."

"So why are you grinning?"

"Because this is cute. Continue." I chuckled and glanced at him. "Are you blushing?"

"Mimi." He groaned and covered his face.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. I'm done. Go head."

"There's this girl at my science camp. She's really nice and pretty. I know I'm too young for a girlfriend so I would like her to be my friend."

"Ok, so ask her."

"But how? You know I'm shy."

"Just be yourself and she'll have no choice but to be your friend."

"How did my dad ask you to be his friend?"

"He didn't. It just happened. He was nice, I like nice people so we just clicked. It wasn't anything complicated or special." I shrugged.

"Cap."

"Excuse me?" I laughed my ass off because why did he have to say that.

"You and dad were flirting when you were "friends". I just want her to be my regular friend. Not my "friend". So how did he ask to be just your friend?"