Unexpected

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1.8k

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ(ꜱ): mention of mental disorders, jype

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: y/n, bang chan

ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: jisung, old lady (oc)

ʟɪꜰᴇ: stranger

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ: holiday special series

The clock had struck two in the morning when you put on your jacket

The clock had struck two in the morning when you put on your jacket. Another season of winter has come and yet you were unable to find sleep in the silence of the night. Although you had tried a lot of sleeping tricks and inner peace shit, you overthinking, working extra hours, intrusive thoughts about the movie you watched last week; all of those and the sore body from consecutive hours in school, sitting like a toy in a store. Everything somehow finds a way to reach you after midnight, taking away your much-needed sleep, leaving you to be out of bed almost every day.

Although insomnia, depression, and slight symptoms of OCD sound less concerned worthy to others, the people suffering will be the only ones to understand the chaos it causes in our minds and hearts, gradually pulling you into the abyss of unwanted pain. A lot of people who had these similar troubles had contacted you and turned out to be good friends. But it helped them a lot, you were a wise and nice talker, influencing their lives in a way that they no longer were in darkness. But yet here you are, stuck in this maze of struggles, searching for the exit.

The streets of the developed city were empty of the typical crowd. A few night owls like yourself and street dogs were the only living beings on the road. The wind was still the same, harsh and cold. But something felt different, you felt some kind of warmth. Must be your desperate heart tossing more impossible thoughts in your head.

On the foggy night of December, the stores and buildings were already decorated with Christmas themes, awaiting the arrival of the 25th. Sighing at the bright fairy lights, your eyes soon caught the barely decorated diner. You had passed the diner a million times in the morning and nights, but never really went there. On this particular day, something in you pushed you there and soon you pushed open the door. You weren't a huge fan of late-night snacks but thought a cup of coffee wouldn't hurt.