Maniac

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1.3k

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ(ꜱ): odd

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: y/n, skz

ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: none

ʟɪꜰᴇ: friend

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ: oddinary - maniac

It's been three weeks ever since it came about

It's been three weeks ever since it came about. Three weeks of turmoil, uncertainty, and madness. No one could elucidate it, not the police, not the doctor, not even the smartest scientist. It was only a regular day with brewing coffee and busy civilians. It was like a bolt out off clear sky, an upside-down city began to form in the sky, unexplainably not covering sunlight. However, any aircraft sent upwards would vanish and never returns. People argue it's hell that God brought upon us and we'll ultimately go there, while some have asserted that it is a glitch in the universe.

And for y/n, she speculates it was another earth, a parallel universe. She yearned to go there and explore but was discouraged to hear that no one could surpass the barrier, where all aircraft and birds disappear. Y/n had invariably wondered if there are living beings like herself, out of our reach and somewhere in the infinite universe. They might be aliens to us, just like how we are to them.

Things wouldn't have exacerbated with its arrival, since humans did get efficient sun and water. But the constant activities arising in their town were something that fascinated y/n more. Every night, the town would shift and jumble, the roads would be upside down and people will lose much stuff that end up in several places. Some civilians have confessed to seeing a group of boys was doing this, arguing that they were from the upper world.

Y/n cheerfully made her way towards the diner, the very place her other eight friends hung out. While four of them worked there, the others were spread out with their jobs. Y/n had been friends with them ever since she could remember, but whenever someone asks 'since when?' she seems to stammer. She doesn't recollect when or how, and when she questions her friends about this, she only remembers asking them and not getting a reply.