Chapter 2

After she gets off work, Lisa goes to the outpatient department of burn surgery on the ninth floor of the building to look for Professor Xu Ken. Last night during the surgery, she encountered a little doubt, she wants to find the professor to consult.

In the morning 08:00 a.m. Xu Ken is not at the hospital.

Lisa asks the nurse and just realizes that she remembers the wrong date. Professor Xu Ken is always off on Saturday. She though that today is Friday — Recently she always be so tired. Lisa rubs her nose with force. Then she goes to the elevator. The time she passes the cleaner room, she accidentally hears her own name.

"I heard that the time Lisa returns back from emergency department, she would be promote to be a resident physician." That voice belongs to Yang Si Jia. She and Xu Qin entered the hospital at the same time. They were intern before and be promoted to the hospital doctor.

"What?! resident physician?" Zhu Xian is their senior, she clearly sounds unhappy: "Why? Just because she studied abroad in the US? She just be here for few years, does she have enough experience?"

"So she is sent to the emergency department, I guess it is done for fooling people. Indeed. — The time she is done, she would be the resident physician. It's not to proper, but no one would find a fault with it, it only makes an exception." Yang Si Jia washes her hands and looks at Zhu Xian with eyes that full of pity. "I feel it should be your turn. You are older than her, you are more experienced that her. But there's no way because her family is her behind-the-scenes supporter."

Zhu Xian snorts and says: "Everyone could find a connection. Everyone that could get in here has a bit of connections."

Yang Si Jia shakes her head: "Oh, but her family background is not ordinary. I heard that her family name is Meng, because she doesn't want to make it public, she changes her family name."

"MENG?'" Zhu Xian hesitates for a while: "The chief of staff's.... daughter?"

Yang Si Jia shrugs her shoulder.

Zhu Xian says nothing and just gives vent to her dissatisfaction by washing her hands with exerting force. She then takes tissue to wipe her hands. After some time, she just throws the tissue to the rubbish bin. "She doesn't want to make it public? It's too hilarious. If she doesn't want to do it then she shouldn't go the 'back door'. I have enough of her, yet I would still be working at the same place as her, I......."

Zhu Xian chokes, Lisa is watching her from the slightly open door. Lisa is so calm and cold.

Lisa asks indifferently: "You don't want to work with me, should I help you to talk with the Yuan Zhang (The head of the hospital?" Because she is so tired, her voice is hoarse.

Zhu Xian is trembling, her gaze shows that she feels shameful and wants to beg for her forgiveness.

Lisa then just turns her body and leave.

.......

The time she exits the hospital and goes to her car, the security guard greets her friendly: "Manoban Yi Sheng (DoctorManoban), you are getting off work?"

Lisa smiles and nods. She gets on the car and drives her car quickly to get out of the parking area.

The early morning sun is shinning so splendidly, it is so shinning that Lisa feels it's hard to open her eyes.

Meng Family's courtyard is located in the west of the city, it's quite far away from the hospital. Papa feels distressed to see her working so hard so he buys her an apartment at Zong Lu Hua Yuan area. It only takes ten minutes to go there so it's convenient for her to go and get off work.