Chapter 19

Jungkook is pulled by the other firefighters, his head is full of dark ashes and sweats. He is holding the kid and yells: "Lisa!"

Lisa immediately comes forward: "Give the kid to me."

Jungkoook passes the kid to her. He then takes his canteen and starts to drink.

Lisa checks the little boy condition, he doesn't choke. He is breathing weakly but he just inhales the smoke and faints.

She undoes the collar of the kid's shirt and takes the wet towel to wipe his face and chest. Then she holds the kid and goes toward the door. "Could I use the elevator?"

Suo Jun: "It's safe."

"Okay," Lisa holds the kid and goes downstair.

Downstair outside the lobby, there's an ambulance outside.

Lisa passes the kid to her colleagues and she just returns back home. The firefighters are coming down in successive.

Yang Chi passes from her side and smiles: "Thank you ah, Jie (Sis)."

Lisa: "You are done?"

Yang Chi: "The fire is successfully extinguished, the door could be opened now so we could check it out."

Xiao Ge also thanks her: "Fortunately because we could borrow your balcony, we could extinguish the fire quickly. If not, it'll take time."

He then wipes his sweat.

Lisa looks at his red hands, she says: "If there's someone that is injured, let me take a look. I have first-aid kit at home."

Xiao Ge is startled and looks at his own hands. He waves his hands: "It's okay. We would go down and work."

Lisa doesn't keep them for long. The group of firefighters just go out. Jungkoook comes out from the living room and he passes her side.

"Thank you." Jungkook says.

Lisa shakes her head.

Everyone starts to leave.

The noisy room just turns silent and empty. Lisa is standing near her shoes shelf. She looks at the living room. Everyone is gone, there's only a water stain, smoke ash, stain. It's a bit messy.

...........

 Jungkook and other firefighters are looking around the burnt apartment to find any fire left behind. Then they contact the property management and the owner of the apartment. The owner is rushing to be back home.

 Jungkook leaves two firefighters to deal with the aftermath, the others are returning to the fire station.

All of them are getting ready to leave, they enter the elevator and Jungkook instructs them: "Yang Chi, you accompany political instructor to check on the equipment, then when you are back at the station, Xiao Ge would write a report." Then he says: "I would stay here and then I leave."

Yang Chi doesn't respond: "It's enough for Xiao Fei and Lao Jiang to stay here. Captain, you should just go back and have an early rest."

Jungkook says: "I'll go upstair for a while."

Yang Chi is puzzled: "2701? Why?"

Jungkook: "We made a mess at the apartment, we should help out."

Yang Chi: "That's right. Ge (Bro), then let me help you. I'll help you to tidy it up."

Jungkook: "No need. It's okay for me to do it. Don't add trouble."

Yang Chi: "How could you say that I'll add trouble. Ge (Bro), I am good at ........."