Chapter 10

Jungkook looks at her and shifts his gaze, he still stands there and pants. He is tired and he feels like he would lose his temper soon.

Then there's another car losing its control. It is moving toward them. Jungkook swears toward that driver. He comes forward to take a look at the car and notices there's no one inside the car.

Jungkook checks through the car and sets up a warning sign. Lisa notices that his arm is bleeding and just remembers that he helped her out by breaking the glasses.

"You have injury on your arm." Lisa walks toward Jungkook and at the same time, his walkie-talkie rings. "There's another series of car accident at the main road near Qiu Shui lake. The third victim is stuck in the car....."

Jungkook looks at Lisa, she is standing under the heavy rain. She is so pale and weak. He tries to check her and determines that she is okay. His duty is done so he turns his body to leave.

"Do you know that I was inside the car?" Lisa asks him.

Jungkook stops walking and doesn't answer . His walkie-talkie rings again, he doesn't look at her and just leaves.

Lisa doesn't stop him, she watches him take big steps to leave. He takes a left turn and disappears in front of her.

The water has entered her phone, she couldn't turn it on. Yet she doesn't need to have her phone on to know that the hospital would give her a call. In this kind of weather, there would be emergency cases.

The car couldn't be lifted up now, it's lucky that the hospital is nearby. She could just walk for ten minutes to return to the hospital.

The time Lisa arrives back at the hospital, it's already 12:00 p.m.

The emergency hall is fill of waters and people. Three to four cleaning services are cleaning the water up. Because people keep on coming and going, the floor just turns clean and dirty in a mater of second.

Xiao Nan passes and notices Lisa, she is surprised: "Doctor Manoban, why are you looking at this? Did you fall into the water?"

"I just fell, it's okay. I'll go clean up first. Later on I'll come back. Help me to dry my phone. I don't know whether I could use it again."

"Give it to me."

Lisa goes to the shower room of the hospital and washes herself, then she changes her clothes. She returns to the emergency room and gets busy.

The rainstorm persists for the whole night.

The cases keep on happening.

The city is filled with the traffic police, armed police, firefighters, ambulance, special police and medical workers cars' lights........

Countless people are trying hard to observe and guard the city that night, they determine to not sleep.

The sky turns bright slightly, the rain starts to calm down. There's no more new patient coming to the hospital. The doctors and nurses finally could be relieved.

Lisa passes the corridor when she comes out of the emergency room, she notices several doctors are sleeping soundly while sitting on the ground.

The corridor is quiet.

Lisa walks soundlessly to the bathroom, she washes her hands three times and raises her head. She looks at the mirror and notices that she has dark circles under her eyes.

She returns to her office and notices that she is so thirsty. It's been ten hours since she drank water. She pours a cup of warm water for herself and drinks it. She stands near the window.