Chapter 56

At 03:15 a.m., the hospital is silent.

Jungkook leans on the wall and sits down on the ground of the corridor. He is calmer. He feels too tired.

Lisa passes him a glass of water and he just drinks it all. Yet his lips are still dry.

She sits beside him. Her pajamas trouser just curls up.

Jungkook holds her ankles, they are cold. He just tries to warm it with his hands.

Lisa lowers her head and holds his hand. She asks; "What are you preparing to do?"

"I'll tell the truth."

"Em."

"What do you want to say?" He looks at her.

"This is your job's responsibility. I have nothing to say." She says.

He still looks at her.

She says: "If there's an accident during Professor Xu's operation, someone is dead, and the superior wants to check upon it; As the participator, I would record it according to the facts. It's not because it's right or wrong but because of my job's responsibility. But if no one asks me, then I...... I wouldn't say it because I don't care."

"It's like you." Jungkook smiles and asks: "Do you think that I should lie? Wait till I be promoted and do more great things?"

She pauses and considers seriously: "Could you?"

Jungkook looks at her.

She hugs her own legs and leans on her knees. She speaks up: "Xiao Yi Xiao frequently goes to the club. There's a gaffer named A Lu. I always went with Xiao Yi Xiao around the club, and knows her."

"I asked A Lu, how could there are a lot beautiful women, how could they have lots of resources. Is it because the boss is too powerful. A Lu said no, it's because they are voluntary doing it. I am confused. They are really beautiful, how could they choose that kind of life? is it because they have no choice? A Lu said that's not the reason too."

"She said that the club recruiters only recruit the receptionist position and the salary is higher than being a white-collared worker. The appliers though they know it's not a good job, but they think that being a receptionist is quite neat job. They don't prepare to stay long. They just want to earn money fast and leave then."

"But after working for a month, the boss would say that it's better for them to work as ushers, they just need to walk inside few steps. They would no get into the room but the salary will be doubled. Em, earning doubled amount of salary means that they would earn fast and enough money quicker. They could start a new life so they start be the ushers.

Then after a month, the boss would say again, it's better for them to work as the waitress as they already get into the room by now. They just need to serve the clients drinks and food, and their salary would doubled again. Then they just agree to be the waitress.

Then the boss would say again. If not they should just be the 'princess' of the room. As now they are going inside the room. They just need to drink with the clients. Em, for earning more money to leave. They just agree. Then after a month, the boss would say again, just be the 'princess' who accompanies client to chat as they need to chat while drinks. Now then they would go even deeper. They would not leave at last, they would be the pr*st*t*t* for a life time. They would continue to work that way." Lisa says. "A Lu also progresses that way."

The place is quiet.

She understands him so she uses her own way to coo him.

Jungkook  is quiet, he just leans closer to her.