Chapter 21

Jungkook finishes his cigarette and looks at Lisa again, Lisa has successfully finished her chili oil noodle and dumpling. She is eating her youtiao and drinking soy milk.

She has learned how to eat like local people. She cuts it up into small pieces and soaks all of it in inside the soy milk. The time it turns soft, she uses the spoon to scoop it. She finishes it and licks her lips. She seems to be satisfied.

Her way of eating is normal for people around here. Her hair is tied in low ponytail, she is wearing grey coat, jeans, low ankle boots, and carrying a small handbag. She looks like an ordinary woman. Except being a bit beautiful, her expression and temper are more tranquil and calmer.

The time he is still watching her, Lisa seems to notice it. She looks at him. Before their eyes meet with each other, he just looks away quickly.

It's getting crowded.

Jungkook lights on his second cigarette.

Since encountering Lisa again, Jungkook hasn't seen her face in detailed from very close

distant. Every time his eyes couldn't stop looking for her face for long time.

But he remembers her appearance very clearly. There's no much difference. Her face just turns a bit smaller and pale.

Lisa is very beautiful, Jungkook knows it very well. That time he fell in love with her because of her beauty.

That day is the first day of school, Jungkook was sitting on the back side of the room and laughing with his friends. Everyone was in group and chatting around.

At a time, he unconsciously looked outside the window and noticed a left out female student passed by. She was carrying her backpack and lowered her head. She walked slowly.

He didn't see her face clearly, she just felt her thin and weak figure somehow made him felt lonely and helpless.

Someone was talking with him and he replied her. He then looked back to see that female student but she was gone.

He continued to chat and laugh. This time someone raised his chin and looked at his back: "Ay, you block the new student's path."

This time Jungkook was sitting down on the table but his legs were on the other chair.

In that narrow aisle, that female students just passed by him.

He recognized her. He stopped talking and watched her. She was a bit shorter than him, she was so skinny and small.

That moment he suddenly wanted to protect her without any sign.

He didn't expect that is a trap. How could she need his help.

Jungkook's phone suddenly rings, it pulls him back from his memory.

It's a call from Di Miao.

Jungkook frowns and counts the time that she should be at university now and get ready for the class.

"Hello?"

"Ge!" She sounds panicky, she is crying. She is saying several unclear sentences. Jungkook could hear from the background a man's shout.

Jungkook throws the cigarette away: "Speak slowly, what is happening?"

"I........." Di Miao wants to say something but then hesitates, "Ge, I'm at the local police station. Hurry up come and help me. Please don't tell Pa Ma."

She is calling him, she says nothing else. Jungkook just asks which local police station and hangs up. "Wait, I'll come over soon."

He puts down his phone and goes to the cashier to settle the bill. Lisa also has finished her breakfast.