Chapter 37

In a flash ten days have passed, the rescue duty has reached enter the end. Its finally the day for the military personnels to be withdrawn.

That day, Lisa watches the soldiers leave. The old villagers, who throws them a send-off party, stop them and want to send them local specialities.

The disaster area is short of supplies and military forces are discipline so they aren't willing to receive.

Both sides are declining to give up.

Lisa passes several cars, several soldiers, who are saved by her, greet her. She nods and straightens her lips.

The military cars leave one by one, the oldvillagers chase after the car and waves their hand to bid goodbye.

Lisa goes to the last team to depart, she notices Jungkook there. They would go back today.

Jungkook is crammed by a lot of people, from time to time he nods at them. He also sends his best regard to them and declines their gifts at the same time. This time he looks away and notices Lisa.

She continues to walk away and couldn't help to look back at him.

He gets ready to get on the car. But he also looks back at Lisa. Their gazes meet each other.

But the next moment, Jungkook just gets in the car

The car starts to move.

Lisa's heart starts to beat so fast.

She is smiling when she leaves.

After several days, Lisa and her team also return to Di City.

Before leaving, the old villagers don't forget to send them off and give them gift. They say that doctors and nurses aren't part of the military, they ask them to accept it. They block the car and don't let them go if they don't accept the gifts.

It makes the doctors and nurses don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Indeed they couldn't refuse their good intentions. Lisa at last accepts a basket of chicken eggs; the others also accept.

There are people who are crying when it's time to say goodbye. Lisa isn't used to this kind of occasion. So she gets on the car and sits down at the most inner seat.

When the car has gone far away, she looks back at the town.

Does this small town bring any change in her? She doesn't think too much about it. Now saying anything is too early. Perhaps she should wait for more months or perhaps years.

On the way back to the city, Lisa leans back on her chair and sleeps soundly.

When she arrives home, she is so tired.

She clean up herself and then goes to sleep. This sleep is so soundly. She sleeps from the afternoon, till the morning of the next day.

Lisa doesn't rush to wake up, she lays down on the bed and recalls what had happened in last ten days. It doesn't feel right, it's like a dream.

Those deceased people, those people who are alive, those who are losing their own family.

Her heart is beating so fast.

She takes her phone and opens up his contact. She considers for a while and sends him a message:

"I am back home."

She is anxious and puts her phone down. Then there's a reply.

"Okay."

Lisa  looks at the phone: "....." She really doesn't know what to say. Then there's another message: "Have a good rest."