Chapter 36

Before this matter is getting out of hand, Jungkook starts to talk in time. "This is Docter Manoban."

Lu Jie immediately stops, he starts to calm down and realizes that he is rude.

Lu Jie is considering how should he save himself. This time someone calls: "Doctor?"

Lisa says: "I'll leave first." Then she glances at Jungkook: "Have a good rest. Don't talk too much."

Jungkook: "......."

Lu Jie: "......."

Lisa leaves. Lu Jie strokes his nose: "I'm too emotional."

Jungkook just leaves behind the past and says: "You guy, it's been a long time."

Lu Jie pauses, his eyes turn wet. He says: "I thought that you are dead. How could I think that we would meet here. That year......." He says and stops. That disgraceful and hard to understand past. He doesn't know whether he should mention about it or not.

"You——"

He examines Jungkook and shifts the topic of the conversation. "What happened? You are here to help disaster victims? Are you seriously injured?"

Jungkook is much calmer and cool-headed than him. he smiles and answers: "Earthquake aftershock, I was smashed by the roof of the house."

"Is it serious?

"No I'll not be dead soon."

Lu Jie nods and asks: "Which unit are you from?"

"Firefighters." Jungkook says.

Lu Jie is surprised and hesitates for two seconds. He asks: "That year——" He watches Jungkook's expression.

Jungkook smiles and be so relax. He shakes his head: "It's all in the past."

He is unwilling to mention it, Lu Jie also doesn't ask about it anymore. Men loves their 'face'. They would be unwilling to open their own wound even to those they are close with it.

Lu Jie look at the door. He wants to ask : "That woman, is she also in the past?" But he doesn't ask it to Jungkook.

Perhaps he realizes that this question could act like a knife.

That year two of them were close with each other so this time being able to meet each other makes Lu Jie feel so happy.

Lu Jie sighs and suddenly feels sad. They both turn out to have different kind of fate.

He looks at Jungkook again.

Jungkook is looking at Lu Jie's army uniform and notices something. He asks: "you are the plate armor group?"

Lu Jie: "Ay."

Jungkook laughs: "You guy, wearing this makes you look so handsome."

Lu Jie laughs, he laughs with a bitter heart.

They don't have much time to talk as Lu Jie is called out.

Lu Jie needs to leave, he says: "Leave me your contact information for me."

Jungkook gives him his phone number. Lu Jie says: "In the future we should contact each other, okay? we need to."

Jungkook: "Okay."

Lu Jie leaves hurriedly, the sick room turns quiet.

Jungkook lies down on the bed. He is holding the bottle. He looks at the ceiling, his eyes are empty. Lu Jie's appearance opens up his painful memory.