Chapter 67

The end of the year just passes by.

Lisa closes her wardrobe and thinks of something.

She has tidied up everything, she puts the key back on the wardrobe and goes out.

She isn't the doctor of emergency department anymore.

She passes the corridor of the emergency department, a group of nurses and doctors are pushing a sickbed to go inside the emergency department. She is a passerby right now.

She feels that she finishes her duty but she feels a bit of sense of losing something.

She goes out of the building. The feeling of reluctant to leave is gone because Jungkook is waiting nearby for her

He is holding his backpack and standing under the tree. He is smoking.

She takes out an ointment out of her bag and walks toward him. He notices her and throws the cigarette to the bin. He takes her bag and helps her to o hold it. He says: "You only have this few things?"

"I have put several things in my outpatient clinic." She unscrews her ointment and looks at his backpack: "I remember that you also have a lot of things in your dorm."

"I have packed it to my suitcase, I asked Yang Chi to help me to send it back home."

She takes a bit of the clear salve and rubs to the chapped wound on his face.

He cooperates with her by lowering his head, he asks: "Is it marred by a scar?"

"It's too ugly." She says: "Before it recovers, we are not allowed to take wedding photos."

He gets closer to her face and suddenly asks: "Do you think that I don't love you enough?"

She is applying the ointment on her face. She shakes her head and looks at his eyes.

"Lisa at that key moment, I need to choose, I don't mean to abandon you."

"I know." She nods. "I understand it for real."

He has his responsibility, she understands it.

She asks: "What about you?"

"Em."

"Do you feel that I am naive, I threaten you, I am so selfish." She doesn't wait for his answer and just says: "I am not a noble person, I'm a selfish one...."

He cuts her off: "I like that part of you."

She shuts up and suddenly doesn't know how to explain.

That time, in the early morning of the winter. There's a sun and the air is cool.

The streets are quiet and no one is there.

"We would walk to go home?" He mentions.

"Okay. It's a great day. ...... There's no one around."

"It's a New Year, everyone is playing at their house."

"Would the temperature raise again?"

"I heard that it would snow again."

"Then it would be spring right."

"Em, it would be spring."

That day on the road, very few people walk around. The whole city is clean and peaceful.

On the way back, a lot of people are saying lots of words.

The new year starts.

She was lonely before, she was terrified; but this time, she has him by her side. He is holding her hand.