Chapter 1' His Favorite Crime

...................................
Chapter One:
His Favorite Crime
⚖️
......................................

Warnings; mentions of smut, Andy Barber (HES a warning trust me), angst.

First ever Andy Barber book, I am excited and I hope you are too! Buckle in for this crazy, emotional, dramatic, rollercoaster....

Word count: 5.2k

It was a stormy night in Newton Town, it rained all night into the morning.

Andy waited in his car before walking into work. It was thundering and he wanted to wait before getting out to avoid getting all his case files wet.

He was knocked out of his thoughts when his assistant came with an umbrella, tapping at his window

She brought an extra for him and they entered the firm, quickly.

"How was your weekend, sir?" She takes the wet umbrella from her boss.

Andy wipes off the rain that accumulated on the sleeves of his suit, "It was fine. What do I have for today?"

The assistant quickly pulls her tablet out searching for the agenda she has for Mr.Barber and his plans. After all that is what he pays her for.

Andy approached his favorite coffee shop before going up to his office while Jessi looked for his assignments.

"Mr.B, how are ya?" John, the owner of Crispy' Coffee.

A small brunch place just inside the firm in Boston, where almost all the lawyers and prosecutors got their beverages and food.

"Doin' good, John," Andy takes his cup of coffee while paying John with his other hand after he placed the cup of coffee between his lips in order to even reach in his suit to pull out a $5 bill.

Andy walks away from the store, briefly and towards his assistant who is going over his entire day.

"You have that meeting with Sheriff Duffy, the hearing with Judge Judy about the case of the Romano brothers and Jacob's back to school thing—"

The assistant, made sure to look at Andy to make sure he was listening and he was. Just with a serious look on his face, but that's how he always was.

At work, he was all about the case he was assigned to. Working with other prosecutors and detectives to solve it.

Andy wasn't one for small talk or grabbing beers with his colleagues after work.