Chapter 12' Nostalgia

...................................
Chapter Twelve 💋: Nostalgia
......................................

Warnings; lots of angst, some fluff, Y/n's husband, aka, Steve (he's a warning in this AU)

Words: 8.3k

"Hi sweetheart," Steve walks in the front door and finds you sitting on the couch, cuddled up in a blanket and your hand wrapped around a mug.

You were drinking tea.

He could smell the calm camomile scent from the front door, but he thought this was strange.

Over the three, four, years he's known you, you only ever drink tea when you're super stressed.

The last time you drank tea was when a client of yours disliked your interior design work and had you re start absolutely everything.

You don't even hear him come in, you're so deep in your thoughts about seeing Andy again.

It's been a few hours after you went home from being at the hospital.

You were supposed to return to work but you just couldn't think of anything other than Andy.

"Honey?" Steve steps into your line of sight.

You snap out of your thoughts and look at him, "H-Hi, I-I'm sorry I didn't hear you come in."

Steve gives you a bashful smile, "it's alright," he leans in for a kiss which you unmeaningly return, "I missed you."

You smile at him a little bit, glancing in his blue eyes and then looking away.

Steve can sense something is wrong.

Very wrong.

"So...how was your day?" He asks, shrugging his suit off and hanging it over one of the chairs in the dining room.

"Good," you answer briefly, looking at his face of disappointment because you were being so dry with him, "I received Lana's decor in the mail today. I can't wait to decorate her new house."

"That's wonderful news! I know you've been dying to get your hands in that gorgeous home." Steve comes and sits beside you, placing a hand on your thigh.

"I didn't make dinner, I'm sorry." You give him an apologetic look.

He squeezed your thigh softly, "no worries, baby, we can order takeout, anything you'd like."

You look at Steve, thinking about the time you've spent with him for the past three years.

You two were freshly married, the wedding was only three months ago.

He was sweet, a gentleman and hardworking.

Hell, he moved here for you. Started his life here, for you.

Another thing your mother forced, your marriage, and Steve? He was all for it.

You? Were hesitant and doubtful, and had the wrong feeling in your stomach but still continued with it.

To make your mom happy.

After the marriage, Steve became more possessive...more jealous...more controlling.

He's always asking where you are, and if it's not with Lana or Ari — he freaks the fuck out. Yelling at you to come home that instance.

And what you wear is another problem. Tight skirts? A big no. Short dresses above the knee? Hard no. Deep V blouses? Nope.