Chapter 13' Too Little Too Late

...................................
Chapter Thirteen : Too Little Too Late
......................................

Warnings; fluff! heavily implied smut, angst, mentions of fainting, and lots of manipulation.

Words: 9.3k

~ four months later ~

"So, that's how you use the TV, it's really easy." Jacob hands the remote to his Dad, who's blinking owlishly at what the heck his son just did.

"I can't do it, Jake, you lost me during the explanation for the input button." Andy lets out a heavy huff from his mouth.

"Just show me how to switch beyond the channels then." Jake chuckles at his dad, and decides to take it easy on him.

It's been only four months of them living together and it's been so great. Andy's been given the okay for just about everything, driving, living with his son, you'd find it hard to believe he can't work a TV.

Andy has also been off of work still, he isn't ready to go back. Despite him getting almost all his lawyer knowledge and everything he learned in law school.

It was a weird sensation, he woke up with a headache and it was just like everything came back to him in his sleep.

The firm wants him back desperately, but Andy wants to be with his son as long as he can. So he'll wait until his days are up.

Apart from the lawyer knowledge, Andy also remembers very key details of Jake's birth, his childhood and being married to Laurie.

He can even remember how to drive.

What he can't piece together is the mystery woman who keeps coming to him in flashbacks, and even in his dreams.

Andy thinks hard about how Jake taught him to stick between the channels of the TV. He knows it's super simple, a baby could do it.

His niece baby Livvie could even do it, she changes the channels on her parent's TV all the time (unintended of course)

If he could drive his old Audi again, he can switch from two channels, damn it.

Was it the button where the plus and minus sign are labeled? No, no that's the volume.

But he's warm, he tries the buttons next over and success! Andy changed the channel from channel 13 to channel 12.

"That was great Dad! Good job!" Jake cheers beside Andy. So very happily.

Andy smiles big, feeling accomplished, he looks over to his son and god, Jake has been through so much he deserves to let go, relax, forget about everything for a while.

"Hey Jake, what do you say we go to your favorite place for the long weekend?" Andy proposes.

Jacob's eyes expand as pure joy takes over his body, "you mean go to Mexico?"

"Yeah, you love the beach, and I really like it there too. Plus we can spend more time together before I have to go to work." Andy explains, planting a firm hand on his son's shoulder.

Sometimes he still feels sad he won't ever see his little 10 year old son again, he woke up, and Jacob's 13, almost 14, and getting to be taller than his father.

"But...the tickets...when would we leave?" Jacob stutters out multiple questions.

Andy chuckles and leans closer to the centerpiece of the coffee table pulling out two plane tickets from underneath it, "tomorrow."