Chapter 23' Before He Cheats - Part 1

I am so glad you are here💚 thank you for showing this book so much love, I know it isn't perfect, but it's addicting and I hold you guys love it as much as I do, this will be a two part chapter...

And at the end of two parts, a certain someone will be buying a one way ticket back to the city...

...................................
Chapter Twenty Three Part 1 🐶 : Before He Cheats
......................................

Roxie's new place was perfect, in a perfect location, it had the potential to get the most amazing makeover.

After she kept you for wine at her new apartment, you had to let her know you needed to go home and start dinner for your husband.

Steve always gets mad when you aren't there to make his food.

You really liked Roxie, and it's unbelievable that all her friends were going to be busy on her birthday! You may strictly design interiors day in and day out, but who said you didn't design birthday parties too?

You of course designed Livvie's first and second birthday, to the theme, the cake, the goody bags.

Roxie isn't turning two though, that's for sure, you're going to just do something nice and make sure you get a cake, and a few gifts to make her feel special.

"Steve, I'm home!" You call out into the dark house, he must've taken a nap, he had a short day at work today, so you assume he was home.

"I'm sorry, a client kept me longer than I expected," you didn't bring your Prada in because you were hiding those from, you wanted to surprise him because he likes you to wear fancy shoes during sexy times...just the shoes.

"I'm going to start dinner now," you reach for your apron and quickly think of what to whip up.

"Hi hon," Steve appears in a shirt and some casual shorts, and a kind smile on his face, not actually–more like a guilty smile.

You're just glad he isn't upset about the late hour.

You can't help but snicker lightly, "what is it?" Then you quickly frown, "is my mom here?"

Steve shakes his head, "no, she's not here. But she is." Looking at his feet, you can't see what he's staring at because of the kitchen island in the way.

You take your heels off and leave them in the mud room, before walking closer to him, there by his feet lay the cutest puppy you've ever seen.

"Steve..." your voice breaks, you wanted a pet for so long, always begged your mom for one when you were a child, she always said no, you begged Andy for one and he never really got around to getting you one, although he promised to...and now, here Steve was.

"She's ours, I just got her today, I picked her up and we waited here for you to come home."

Falling to your knees, the puppy waddles over to you, touching your thighs and sniffing your hand, after knowing you were a good person, she perches up on her back legs to lick you.

"Oh, hi sweet girl, hi!" Your laugh is music to Steve's ears, he promised himself he's going to be good. Here he is married to a bombshell of a
woman, he can't put that at risk.

"Steve," you frown, and carry the little thing in your arms, bringing him in for a hug, he kisses you first, a bit passionately too, you let him, then he hugs you, so excited for this next chapter with you.

"What would you like to name her? Anything you want!" Steve kisses your cheek and then steals a quick kiss from your lips.

"I think...Winnie...I—"