Chapter 24' Chamomile

Welcome BACK my BABIESS to the HFC world 😍💚 we are back in our Andy Era, at least the start of it, finally! So relax, pick out a snack & a quiet place maybe some tissues because this one is a bit angsty 🥹

...................................
Chapter Twenty Four 🌻: Chamomile
......................................

~ Andy ~

Calls late at night were never a good sign, no matter what the situation was. But Andy was used to calls waking him up from sleep, since he got into the district attorney side of things.

If there's ever a change or new witness, or piece of crucial information in a case, his team must contact him as soon as possible, and if he needs to get up and ready at 3am to meet a witness, he has to...

So when Lana called, a shiver ran through Andy, because there's never a reason for Lana to call Andy unless it's Ari's birthday which was months ago.

Andy groans gently at his phone jolting him awake, he sits up to reach for it on the nightstand. He never gets used to his phone ringing no matter how many times he's called for his job.

"Hello?"

Andy's voice is croaky, he was sleeping so well, peaceful even. Under his heavy covers, the fall breeze coming in through his window, resting from the previous day he's had – especially that argument with Jake.

He isn't sure why Jake's demeanor and behavior changes so quickly, with just a firm tone from Andy and Jake is flipping out on his dad, disrespectfully.

"Andy...it's Lana...it's Y/n she..." Lana is never this uneasy, or much of a stutterer, so Andy knew something was wrong and immediately felt unwell, like someone had just kicked a ball into his stomach.

Andy checks the caller ID, it was really Ari's number calling, but since Lana didn't have Andy's new number since he changed phones from before the accident, still in a daze where you can't understand anything Andy processes the words slowly.

Too slow for Lana, so she continues to speak.

"...she needs you. Right now. We're at her house, if you could please just come, I know it's late." she finishes explaining, and Andy was already out of bed, sliding his shoes on, he doesn't care what time or how far you were - he'd always be there for you.

"I'm on my way," no questions asked, Andy grabs his coat and his keys, leaving Jake a note just in case he woke up and didn't see his father anywhere.

~

Ari opens the door for Andy after watching his car pull into the driveway. Andy was relieved but confused not to see Steve's truck anywhere. He better not had laid a single hand on you, or touched a hair on your precious head because then there's going to be a problem...

A big fucking problem.

"Where is he?!" Andy shouts, the first thing he says, searching the room for your asshole of a husband. Although Lana didn't say much on the phone, Andy knows this was all because of Steve.

"Andy...Andy calm down," Ari tries to put a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder, but his hand is soon knocked out of the way. That crazy look in Andy's eye.

"Ari, I swear to god I'm arresting him if he hurt her," Andy continues to march in, nervously tossing his car keys from time to time in his hand, pointing at Ari with one firm finger.

Ari takes a deep breath, when Roxie emerges from the bathroom, "alright, I'm leaving," she frowns a bit, "tell Y/n I'll be in touch."

The two men exchange a look, Ari is just glad Lana wasn't here to hear that because she really would've had a breakdown or something, "Andrew Barber," Roxie smirks at the handsome brunette in front of her.