Chapter 16' Color Accents

...................................
Chapter Sixteen 📑: Color Accents
......................................

Warnings; fluff, angst, flashbacks & little mention of Steve. MAJOR piece of information that will ultimately change the entire story line!

Words: 4.5k

Andy takes off the shirt he chose to put on, and slides another one on. It was almost time for you to show up and take a closer look inside the house.

Sliding on a black plain t-shirt, Andy stares at himself in the mirror, he just doesn't know if he looks good. You always would tell him if he paired his outfits right. Nothing like a woman's advice.

Whipping off the black shirt, Andy just reaches for a gray t-shirt, it's freshly washed, so it still smells like softener. He settles on some jeans too, one of the things he loves about you is that you always appreciate when people look comfortable.

"Look at the lady with the tight dress and heels," you out of Andy's car window, seeing the many people rushing down the busy streets.

"She's uncomfortable. And probably wishes she was in her pajamas, or in some sweats," Andy doesn't care much for what you are saying, he plays with your fingers and kisses your hand as he holds it alongside his.

"She has an important meeting, baby, leave her alone," Andy talks figuratively, pressing on the gas of his car just to press on the break again. Traffic jams during rush hour were no joke.

"This is what I'm talking about, look at him, he's wearing sweats and a loose shirt, he looks great!" You admire the man comfortably walking down the street, very quickly.

"Y/n, he's jogging, of course he needs to be comfortable." Andy looks over at you, you were so beautiful, and he just wants to be with you all day. But you both were headed to work after your lunch break.

And there, he couldn't be as touchy with you, or so sweet, only in the hidden privacy of your office to "talk" about some cases can he love up on you. Last thing he wants is Laurie finding out the reason as to why he's working so late these last few months.

"Doesn't matter, I appreciate people who dress comfortably."

"Dad, she's here," Jake appears in the doorway, wearing his headset from his video game. Pulling Andy out from his flashback.

As of right now the rooms only had a blow up mattress and all the clothes were still in boxes, so it's not ideal, but Andy is looking forward to seeing more of you on the daily for a few months. Perfect timing to make you realize the toxic marriage you're in, and that you've never stopped loving him.

That somewhere deep inside of you, you still think of him, and the memories you both shared.

"You look great, Dad," Jake reassures his nervous father, smirking at him, spraying his expensive cologne which he only uses for very very special occasions.

"Oh my gosh," you turn your car off and step out, grabbing your bag and resting it on your forearm, you marvel over Andy's home.

It was so beautiful, it made your mouth water. Any home that was ready to go for you just to decorate it, made you just wanna eat it all up. This was your blank canvas, and you've brought the paint.