Chapter 15' New Friends & Shoes

...................................
Chapter Fifteen👠: New Friends & Shoes
......................................

Warnings; fluff, angst, Steve is a big warning!!!!

Words: 5.7k

Tony watches as Andy's Audi pulls up into the house's driveway, he looks down to make sure he has all the paperwork and of course, the keys, ready.

"Andy, good morning," Tony greets his client, smiling surprised at Andy's sudden...glow.

"It's an amazing morning, Tony," Andy smiles big and Tony is just starstruck, it's as if someone else was inside Andy's body. An imposter.

Usually Andy's more reserved, serious and quiet. Here this man was practically jumping up in the air, with the biggest smile on his face.

"What?" Andy laughs out loud, as Tony blinks at him a few times as if he had three heads.

"I'm not even going to ask," Ari did mention that Andy bought this house for something much bigger, but he couldn't say, so Tony decides he'll stay out of it, chuckling at him Tony drops the keys in Andy's hand.

"All yours, Andy, congratulations man," Tony places a gentle hand on his client's shoulder.

Andy jerks the keys up a bit just to let them fall back in his big palm.

~ few days later ~

You look over at Stevie sleeping, something is wrong with his mood. He's always grumpy all the time, and he barely talks to you.

So you took matters into your own hands, you know it must've been hard for your Steve to leave everything behind in New York and move to Boston with you.

That's why you were quietly crawling out of your bed, slipping your robe on, with your phone in your hand, a text chain pulled up. They're here!

Quietly making your way down the stairs, you open the door, Nat and Bucky on the other side with big smiles on their face and each with a suitcase.

"Hi!" You whisper shout, their flight arrived very early, you were supposed to tell Steve the surprise and drive with him to pick his friends up.

But things change.

Bucky pulls you in close for a hug, and Nat does too, you motion them to come inside and Bucky helps Nat out with her suitcase.

Steve's a light sleeper, being a detective, it's natural for him to be on alert all hours of the day.

"Do you guys want coffee, tea?" It was a bit past 7am, you weren't sure what they wanted. You know they must be exhausted from the jet lag.

"Tea," Bucky murmurs in a low voice, and Nat puts his finger up indicating two teas.

"He's going to be so happy you both are here," you whisper, going to boil some water, "he's been having a...some rough days...but I know when he sees you guys he'll cheer up."

Since the living room was close to the kitchen you could still talk with them even a few feet apart.

"Did he say what was bothering him?" Nat wonders, Steve is usually very uplifting and happy.

You shake your head, "I tried getting it out of him, he says there's nothing wrong, but I know there is..." you frown looking down at the boiling water.