Chapter 18' I'm All Here

...................................
Chapter Eighteen ⚡️: I'm All Here
......................................

Warnings; Angst, fluff with some Ari humor, Andy finally tells you what he's been hiding despite the unfortunate circumstances, Nat and Bucky welcome Steve's arrival, which doesn't end well.

Words: 5.3k

We are so close to the climax! 💚 just a little note before you guys read, take this time to let everything else go, every worry, every anxious thought, let go of reality for a bit, and enjoy! 🌷

I am happy you are here, reading! 🌻💛

"Hurts!" Livvie screams in the back of the ambulance, Lana and Ari at her side while the EMT did her best to clean up Livvie's wound, "ow!"

It definitely needed stitches and by the way the ambulance was moving, this was no place for stitches, this poor baby girl needed a trip to the emergency room.

"Mama is here, baby, it's okay, my love," Lana tries her best to calm her baby girl down. Ari hasn't let go of Livvie's hand since they first stepped on this ambulance.

• Andy •

"C'mon on," Andy seethes through his teeth as he's met with a red light, watching the ambulance that Lana and Ari were in keep driving straight.

You look at him, swallowing the lump in your throat, replaying your last conversation, what did he mean he was all here? And did you dream it but did he call you baby?

You had to have dreamt it. It was one of those zoning out moments, it had to be. As far as your concerned, Andy took you into the kitchen to talk about designing his house. Yes. That's what happened. Certainly, if your husband asks.

The drive to the hospital wasn't an easy one, but Andy gets you both there in the matter of minutes. You need to focus on your goddaughter right now, Andy and whatever he meant could wait, but you'd definitely be talking with him later.

Even more now that Steve is away.

You rise from one of the chairs in the waiting room, when Lana comes out, you rush to meet her halfway, "how is she?"

Andy lingers to your side, not sure if he should comfort you, hug you, he decides to just be there, for anything you, Ari or Lana need.

"She's gonna be fine," Lana exhales and smiles tiredly, "she was so scared with the nurses touching her so Ari and I gave them a green light to give her a tranquilizer. So now she's all loopy, and they're going to do stitches and then after exams they'll see if she can go home tonight."

"Oh thank goodness," you grab your friend and hug her tight, she hugs you back, "it's all going to be okay, L."

Her eyes tear up, and fast, "A-Ari was on the phone and I-I should've kept my eye on her. She's just so fast and active and—"

"Hey, hey, Lana, this could've happened to any mom, not just you," you hug her again, and she nods into your shoulder.

"We're here for anything you guys need." Andy chimes in and places his hand on Lana's shoulder. She puts her hand over his.

"Thanks, Andy, um, you guys don't have to wait here though," Lana says with a crack in her voice, and tears in her eyes, she's still so shaken up.

"Nonsense," Andy beats you to it, "we're here until we know Livvie is okay."