Chapter 26' Manila Secrets

MY BABIES WELCOME BACK TO THE HFC WORLD 💚🌟☺️ take your time reading this, enjoy and relax! ✨

Looking forward to feedback as always 🥹

...................................
Chapter Twenty Six 🍦: Manila Secrets
......................................

• New York City •

Nat studies Steve's expression, it's a mix of both guiltiness and sorrow. She can't quite put her finger on why, it felt like something else was in the air.

And it wasn't just her big secret.

"Did...did she do something?" Nat builds up the courage to ask, ignoring Winnie who was beginning to rip her pillow case with her puppy nails.

Steve sighs, as for the first time since what happened, a clear thought falls upon his head. Andy was probably in his house. 

Comforting you.

He's been waiting for Steve to mess up so Andy could swoop in and take his spot, replace him.

"No." Steve finally responds to his best friend, "we got into a fight. She said she needed her space. So voila, here I am."

There still was something else Steve wasn't telling Nat, and she was determined to find out. She desperately needed to, in order to swoop in and replace you.

God she'd want nothing more.

And if Steve was on the market again, she definitely wasn't going to keep her secret a secret any longer.

So she'd use this opportunity of trouble in paradise to her own advantage...

"You're sure you don't have anything else to tell me?"

Steve narrows his eyes at Nat, his gut is telling him there was something else needed to be said.

Bucky appears at the doorway, a bowl of cereal in his hands. Seeking comfort from his favorite kind of breakfast after being violently attacked in his own kitchen.

The attacker was currently on Nat's bed, with the sweetest eyes and rolling around in Nat's plush comforter, barking at herself.

"Yes she does."

Nat glares daggers into his face, hoping Bucky shuts the hell up. And fast.

"Tell him, Nat. Because I'm done keeping this secret for you," Bucky points his spoon at Steve still sitting at the edge of Nat's bed.

"Secret?" Steve echoes, a puzzle look on his face.

"Tell him...tell him why every relationship doesn't work out for you," Bucky goes on, and Nat just about wants to melt into the floor, "well except for CEO Cheater or I guess he counts too...that rich prick."