Chapter 25' Rough Patch

Welcome back my HFC BABIESS to the HFC world 💚🌟💚🌟 Pick out a snack & a quiet place, and take this time to unwind!!! 🥹

As always I look forward to your comments and absolutely any feedback! 💚😍

...................................
Chapter Twenty Five 💕: Rough Patch
......................................

"Shh Winnie, people are sleeping," Steve walks down his old apartment building hallway.

He debated on staying in Boston, at Roxie's house. It was a tempting offer. But ultimately he decided he was done with Boston.

The only thing really keeping him there was you.

And there was no longer a you and him was there now?

He has the money to pay for a last minute flight, and it's only about an hour and half flight from Boston to JFK. So he figured why the hell not.

The only trouble he ran into was getting permission to let Winnie onto the plane, because Steve being Steve only bought one ticket for himself.

But of course...just another thing his looks and his smile got him out of. The cute flight attendant at the desk let it slide, after a few bats of his eyelashes and a flash of his smile.

Now he was knocking on the door, where Nat and Bucky live. When he got married to you, he handed the key to Bucky, to serve as an emergency one just in case Nat or him ever got locked out.

It was 3am by now, and of course Bucky and Nat are going to be alarmed, Steve didn't even call to tell them what had happened.

Winnie barks again, not quite a heavy bark but a tiny baby one. More like a yipping sound.

"Shhh, girl." Steve shushes her, petting behind her ears. What the hell was he supposed to do. He fucking loves the puppy too.

Yes he bought it for you, but at the end of the day Winnie is just as much his as she is yours.

Steve knocks again, a few more moments of silence go by when he hears some rustling on the other side.

"Buck...Nat...it's me Steve." Steve whispers, looking around at the empty hallway. It was super quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Everyone was asleep of course.

Nat opens the door, her eyes tiny and strained, for a second Steve feels bad for waking her, "Steve?"

Her voice breaks, and when Steve gets a better look he realizes Nat has been crying.

Prior to his arrival.

A depressed, sad expression holds Nat's face hostage, she was still in her work clothes. He always admired her outfit, very classy yet elegant.

She didn't have any shoes on though.