Chapter 6' 1 Step Forward, Three Steps Back

..................................
Chapter Six:
1 Step Forward, Three Steps Back
☁️
......................................

🚨 I have never put warnings for this book, but for this chapter I have to. Please be aware that this chapter contains very graphic and sensitive material that includes mentions of drugging and mentions of forced sex. 🚨

"This was so delicious, I wish I could eat more but I'm so full," you frown, finishing up the last of your dish.

Picking up the wine bottle, like he's done for the 50th time tonight, Andy pours even more wine into your glass and you give him a look.

"Andrew..." you smirk, "...it's like you're trying to get me drunk!"

Andy smirks, shaking his head a bit. Maybe he was trying to get you drunk, but only so you could enjoy yourself.

"Just wanna take advantage that I'm in this beautiful place with the most amazing woman who makes me the happiest man..."

You blush hard, letting him grab your hand and bring it to his lips. Kissing the soft skin on your hand.

After dinner, Andy really wanted to have dessert so he ordered it and now you were just fooling around and planning your future with Andy as you waited.

"So...how many kids do we have in this dream life?" Andy asks, still holding your hand from across the table.

Little do you know that he's already planned it all out in his head....

"We have three kids....two boys and a girl." You just speak without really thinking.

"Mhm....and how many years have we been married in this dream life?" Andy continued.

"I'd say about 15 years strong and counting..." you smile at the thought.

"Your dessert sir," the waiter comes back and places the small sweet cake in front of you. But you hadn't looked down at it yet.

"Y/n....baby..." Andy clears his throat, "I love you. I am in love with you and you make me feel like the only man in the world by the way you look at me, love me and take care of me. I can't imagine a life without you....."

You smile over at Andy, looking down to tuck a strand of your hair behind your ear when you looked at the cake....

Marry me?

"....I want to spend every minute of every day with you and I know things are messy and complicated right now, but I don't care because I love you, Y/n Y/l/n....with all my heart. You're one of a kind and I just can't let you go...so what do you say?"

He walks over to you, getting up from his chair and gets down on one knee, pulling out the gorgeous engagement ring.

Suddenly, you felt sick and nervous. This was all too much, it was too fast. Andy is still married with Laurie and if you think about it he's never really asked for you to be his girlfriend because he's still married....

A tear escaped your eye and he thought it was a happy tear.

"Andy...." You pout, grabbing his wrist and standing up with him because he read your body language.

"...it's beautiful but I-I cant...." You explain, "....you know I love you too and that I am in love with you Andrew Stephen Barber....I will always be." You reach to cradle his face, "never will I love another man as much as I love you...and I hate to ruin this moment but you are still married and you and I haven't even dated...."