Chapter 9' Brutal

...................................

Chapter Nine: Brutal 🏥
......................................

Warnings; mentions of infidelity (again), angst and fluff....mentions of violence in this one...lots of mafia talk.

Lots of location skips between New York and Boston!

Words:9.9k

❗️I also recommend if you or a loved one have been involved in a traumatic car accident or you've had a traumatic experience in a hospital, please make sure you are completely sure you want to keep reading. No one dies in this chapter but it does have some heavy stuff! ❗️

• • • •

"I'm just gonna call Y/n," Andy says as Ari loads his bag into the back of the cab.

"Make it fast, Barber." Ari walked away to speak with the cab driver to double-check on how much he charged to drive to Newton.

His phone rang about four times and you haven't picked up. You always pick up on the second ring.

Andy nervously chews on his bottom lip, nervously playing around in his pockets. Maybe you were still asleep....or had a lot to drink last night at Lana's surprise party. It was 7am now, he waited for your voicemail to come on.

"This is Y/n Y/l/n, I can't come to the phone right now, but please leave a message and I'll get back to you! Uh, yeah," he smiles as he hears you struggle, you were awkward sometimes, but that's one of the things he loved about you, "just leave a message and I said that already," he laughs softly, "I'll just call you back when I can, thanks."

Your voicemail ends and Andy is smiling stupidly, waiting for the tone.

"Hi sweetheart," Andy begins, "just wanted to call and let you know we finally landed in Boston. And that I should be on a flight to Connecticut in a few hours. I'm sure you're still sleeping, when you wake up just call me....I-I wanna hear your voice....um, yeah," Andy's voice lowers, "I can't wait to see you, I know it's only been a day but I miss you....okay sorry for rambling, I'll see you tonight."

Andy hangs up and puts his phone back in his pocket, walking closer to Ari who was taking the bags out of the cab again.

"What happened?"

"The cab driver said he wasn't in service, I guess that's what he was trying to tell me." Ari didnt know the man only spoke Spanish, he throws Andy his backpack and he catches it.

"You guys headed to Newton?" A man in a suit approaches the men.

He stood in front of an all black SUV.

"As a matter of fact we are," Ari says, "how much do you charge?"

"70 bucks," the man shrugs, he had a tattoo near his face and he looked like he had escaped from a jail cell. But the elegant suit made his appearance look a bit better.

Ari looked at Andy who's detective brain was going off, analyzing all the red flags this strange man was giving.

"70 bucks is nothing, let's go Barber," Ari walks in front of Andy, as the strange man opens up the trunk to place their bags.

Andy wondered why Ari wasn't thinking the same thing he was.

"C'mon, Andy," Ari rushes him and gives him a confused look as to why he was just standing there frozen, "aren't you in a rush to see your girl?"