004

charli damelio x

we arrived at the party and i already felt sweaty, and my breaths were becoming shallow. 

i thought we'd be going to a calm restaurant, not this.

i always skipped bryce's parties as they were absolutely terrible, but this time i didn't know we were going.

as soon as we stepped inside all my friends were swept away with the crowd, and i was left alone.

i made my way to what looked like dixie's head- it looked like she was sitting on one of the sofas.

"dixie?" i called out as i got closer.

i walked up to the person as they said, "dixie? dixie isn't here," 

it was chase.

"come sit down baby," chase pulled me down onto the armchair next to him, and i slowly sunk into the cushions.

i wasn't cut out for the social scene. one would think that due to all my fame- and the paparazzi- i'd be used to it by now. but i still go all dizzy at large parties- like this one.

all the chatter around me slowly faded away, and my head started spinning. 

two dots appeared, more like smudges, and the more i looked at them, the closer they got. 

gradually, the dots formed into more detailed shapes- figures- black figures. they were coming towards me.

i couldn't move, my vision was still blurry, panic was rising in me.

i didn't know what was happening.

was i going to die?

not here.

not now.

no.

no.

"charli?" i heard a distant voice say.

instantly the sound around me came back, and the two black figures turned back into spots, and then disappeared completely. 

"charli!" the voice was clearer, and as my eyesight returned to normal i saw avani standing over me.

 "what? didn't you see them?" i felt light-headed.

"saw who?" she asked.

"the people. the black figures,"

she looked around and shook her head, "charli there are no black figures. cmon, let's get you a drink. you look a bit pale, are you feeling alright?"

"can we go?" i rubbed my forehead.

"after you drink some water we'll go sit outside," she helped me out of the armchair and steadied me, "you're not drunk are you?"

i shook my head.

"good, let's go,"

we walked over to the kitchen and she grabbed me a bottle of water from the fridge.

"it's nice and cold, drink up you'll feel better," she unscrewed the lid and passed me the bottle.

a few swigs later i passed it back.

"i'll take it with us," she put the lid back on and we headed for the front door.

the cool breeze swept over me, it was so relaxing compared to the buzz and the heat inside.

i sat down next to avani on one of the steps.

"thank you," i said.

"for what?"

"the water, for finding me- just for being here,"

"it's okay. thanks for being here too," she gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

that magical feeling took over me again.

how does she do that, everytime.

it's as if she's stealing my heart.

maybe i do love her.

"can you tell me what happened- the black figures and all. you looked like you were having a nightmare when i saw you," avani looked at me.

"i was-," i thought whether to tell her, "i was overwhelmed. the party, chase, my feelings. i don't know what happened."

"i'm sorry, please don't get offended when i say this,"

i nodded, "i won't,"

"i don't think chase is good for you," she let out a deep breath.

i internally agreed, but i couldn't say that.

"no,"

"charli, think about it," she looked me in the eye. 

but as she did that, i saw something beyond concern for mine and chase's relationship. i saw- longing? 

but for what.

no.

maybe?

no.

she couldn't. it's just a silly idea in my head.

she couldn't like me.

could she?

e.h notes:

this is a long chapter! 

at least i think so?

i'll do avani's pov next

love yall <3