024

charli damelio x

avani was so kind, i loved her. when i was upset, her smile would lift me up, out of the sadness. and she always put herself first, even when she was sad.

oh god. i should probably ask her how she feels. the waitress had just left after taking our orders, "avani, i'm so sorry, i didn't realise that that might have upset you as well. i'm sorry, are you alright?"

she let out a small laugh, "charli, i'm fine. you're so sweet," i smiled, trying to hide the fact that i was blushing, "oooh is someone blushing?" avani laughed.

i giggled and put my head in my hands, "no," avani continued laughing.

we talked some more, and i felt more comfortable, so i decided to ask a question i usually wouldn't, "you know.. you know that night when- when we kissed,"

"yeah..," she replied, furrowing her eyebrows.

"so- you never actually answered the question, do you like me?"

"charli..,"

"i want to know,"

"char-,"

"voni, can you please just tell me, i don't care what you say i just want an answer,"

she leaned forward, a pleading look in her eyes, "char can we please not do this here? can we talk about this at home?" she whispered.

i nodded, going slightly red, "yeah, okay i'm sorry,"

"char, don't feel bad, i just want to talk about it somewhere more.. private,"

"yeah, no, i completely understand," i said, looking down at the table, "it's fine,"

she squeezed my hand gently, "char i'm sorry,"

"don't be," i said, just as the waitress came with our food.

"uhh... pancakes with maple syrup?" the waitess asked, holding up the plate. i read her name tag and saw she was named eve. 

"oh that's me," i said, and she placed the food in front of me, "thank you,"

"and this must be for you?" she asked, pointing in avani's direction. when she nodded eve put the plate down in front of avani. after that she gave a small smile and walked away.

"this looks good," i said quietly, staring down at my plate. i felt my stomach churn.

"yeah," avani replied simply, grabbing her knife and fork. she began cutting up her pancakes and eating them. 

i continued looking at my full plate.

"are you okay?" avani asked, looking up, "why aren't you eating?"

"oh, no, yeah i'm fine. i was just about to start eating," i slowly picked up my fork, my insides twisting up into a knot. my fork hovered above my plate, only moving with the occasional shake of my hand.

"char," avani lightly touched my arm, "are you sure you're okay?" she had eaten quickly, so her plate was empty.

"yeah," i felt light-headed as i continued looking at my food, "i'm fine don't worry,"

"charli, you can talk to me, what's wrong," avani put down her cutlery and wiped the corners of her mouth with a tissue.

"i- i feel sick, dizzy,"

she looked alarmed, "is- is it the food or-,"

"i don't know i-," i rubbed my forehead, "i just feel unwell,"

"we'll go home, i'm sorry for taking you out here,"

"no- no don't be. i was the one who asked in the first place," i argued, putting my head in my hands.

"char, relax. i'll ask for the bill," that was the last thing i heard avani say.

and then everything went black.

e.h notes:

idk

this is late at night and it's rubbish.

love yall <3