008

charli damelio x

we went back to the hype house after a bit, but my mind was still in a whir.

i was the first one back since i had left slightly earlier.

i walked up to my front door and knocked. 

no answer.

i knocked again, with a bit more force this time. still nothing. i waited a bit longer, before becoming impatient.

after all, it was 11 at night and freezing cold. i decided to call dixie.

i took out my phone and clicked on dixie's profile, then on call.

the phone rang for ages.

"charli what the hell?" called out dixie's voice.

"hey, dix can you open the front door? it's cold out here," i shivered.

"why are you out there? and why is that video floating about on the internet?"

"what video?" i asked, confused.

"never mind. i'll let you in first, then i'll explain." 

she hung up and the door opened.

"thanks," i rushed inside, "now can you tell me what you mean?"

"yeah, come sit down," she nodded.

i slid off my shoes and coat then i sat down on the couch, "what video,"

"the video at the party,"

i narrowed my eyes, "what?"

"of..," she paused, "of you and avani kissing," 

she said the last bit quietly, as if she didn't want anybody else to hear what she said.

"there's a video?"

she nodded and pulled out her phone.

"can you show me?"

"that's what i'm doing you idiot."

she went onto tiktokroom and played a video.

sure enough, the video showed me and avani standing in the centre of a circle and french kissing- what looked like- rather passionately.

"it was in truth or dare," i said quickly, "i didn't know it had been recorded,"

before dixie even said anything i could already feel my cheeks burning up. embarrassing.

"you looked like you enjoyed it," dixie smirked.

"stop, it was okay. nothing special," i looked down.

"sure, sure. okay but seriously, i can tell there's something between you and that girl. some sort of energy-,"

"there's nothing, okay?" i cut her off.

lie.

"i've seen the way she looks at you-,"

"as a friend," i interrupted her again.

"trust me, i've seen how she looks at you when you're not lookng. and i've seen the way you look at her," dixie rolled her eyes.

"that's irrelevant and anyway-,"

"oh so you aren't denying it?" dixie raised her eyebrow.

"will you shut up? other people live here you know," i exclaimed. she was being way to noisy. "anyway, we both have boyfriends, so even if we did  'like' eachother, it wouldn't happen,"

"that's not true, you and chase broke up,"

"wha-,"

"there was a video of your rant circling as well, but i got removed before it got anywhere serious," 

"well avani still has a boyfriend, i have to respect their boundaries- even though i don't like her in that way," 

dixie sighed, "my point is, even if you won't admit it, there's something there. who was it that dared you to kiss voni?"

"madi,"

"madi knew what she was doing," dixie stood up, "i'm going to bed, you coming?"

"d'you think i should wait for the rest to come?"

"no, i don't think so. they should have keys,"

"alright, i'll go then," i also got up.

we walked up the stairs and separated as we reached the top.

"night," i waved, and she waved back.

e.h notes:

this chapter is kinda boring

idk how i feel about it.

love yall <3