022

charli damelio x

i can't wait.

those were the only words repeating through my head as i got ready to go out for breakfast.

it was still reasonably early in the morning, so it was pretty cold outside. i put on a jumper and a pair of jeans, styled my hair and put on some light makeup- mascara, lipgloss and a bit of concealer.

i couldn't wait to see her, and her smile that gave me butterflies.

i rushed down the stairs and saw avani already ready, looking perfect, staring down at her phone, presumably booking a seat.

as i scurried down the steps, she looked up and a huge smile spread across her face, "hey char! you look gorgeous!"

"thanks, so do you" i quickly looked away, blushing.

"let's get going, i've booked as a table,"

"cool,"

"do you want to walk or drive there?" avani asked as we headed towards the front door.

"i think it'll be easier to drive," i said, twisting the door handle and pushing the door open, "voni, can you grab the car keys,"

"sure," she replied, taking the keys off of the little hook.

i stepped outside, shielding my eyes from the sun. as my eyes readjusted to the light i realised the paparazzi heading towards me, "oh shit,"

it was only a few, not swarms of them at least.

"what?" avani asked, popping her head around the doorway, "for fucks sake," she grabbed my hand and started hurriedly but gently leading me to the car, "cmon char, get in quick,"

just as i was about to shut the car door, one guy that was filming stuck his hand out, preventing me from closing the door, "so, how's life.. in the hype house?"

"umm.. it's good, thanks," i was beginning to worry that they would ask about me and avani.

"what happened between you and chase? are you two still friends?"

"what about you and avani?" someone called out from behind.

oh shit.

"me- me and chase are fine. we are still friends," i was visibly panicking now.

"guys- guys! can y'all please go? we are trying to get our breakfast on time!" avani butted in. i was so grateful for her.

"we only have a few more questions-" one guy started to say.

"no- please just go," she argued.

a female pushed forward, "so is it true that you and avani kissed? have you two gone any further?" 

i sunk down in my seat, i could feel myself burning up.

"fuck off," avani reached across me and slammed my door shut. she then started the car and drove out of the driveway.

a few minutes later we were driving still towards the cafe, and i hadn't moved at all.

"charli, are you okay? we're almost there," avani tried to comfort me.

"i'm fine," i mumbled.

"baby..," 

a minute later she stopped the car, we had arrived. she got out and walked over to my side of the car, "charli," she opened my car door, "come on out,"

i shakily stood up and left the car, as avani gave me a long hug, "baby i love you, i'm sorry they said that,"

"it's okay. it's not your fault," i said as we entered the cafe.

"we booked a table for two," avani said to the girl working there.

"what name is it under?" the girl asked.

"gregg. avani gregg," 

"okay, follow me please," she grabbed two menus and walked over to a table, "this one here," she placed the menus down, "someone will take your order shortly," she finished as we sat down.

e.h notes:

kinda long chap?

i like this chapter ;)

love yall <3