009

avani gregg x

weeks passed, nothing much happened between us.

i broke up with anthony, i had been at war with him for months and i finally built up the courage to separate with him. he'd been surprisingly calm about it.

charli had been there to console me, and that helped a lot. i was grateful for her, in many ways. i loved her.

but not in that way.

no. definitely not. 

today was the 22nd of december, almost christmas. it was pretty early i the morning, but i still rolled out of bed, stuffed a pair of slippers onto my feet and wrapped a dressing gown round me. 

i trudged downstairs into the kitchen to find charli sitting on a stool beside the counter. 

"char? why are you awake? it's-," i checked my watch, "6 in the morning?"

she turned around, and could see that she had barely slept. her eyes were on the verge of closing and her hair was a mess.

"oh. i couldn't sleep," her voice was almost silent.

"charli, you know you can always come to mine, no matter what time of night," i sat down beside her, "i'll always be there for you,"

she slowly nodded, and i wrapped my arm around her in a tight hug. 

"thanks," her eyelids were drooping.

"cmon, you can still get another 4 hours of sleep, we aren't doing anything today," 

"no, no, let's eat breakfast," she slowly stood up.

i quickly grabbed her hand as she wobbled, "no, you're going to sleep whether you like it or not, get a move on,"

"please,"

"charli, i'm begging you, get some rest, i'll lay down with you until you fall asleep," i started leading her towards the stairs.

"fine," she finally gave in.

we walked upstairs and we entered my room.

"cmon, lay down," i beckoned at the bed.

she slowly sank into the mattress and leaned back against the bed board, "voni!" she spread her arms, asking me to sit next to her.

i did as i was told and sat down beside her, letting her rest her head on my shoulder, "sleep charls," i planted a small kiss on her forehead.

"night night," she whispered, and in less than a minute she was fast asleep.

so cute. 

e.h notes:

small, filler chapter.

this is cute.

love yall <3