030

avani gregg x

i was pacing the kitchen, worrying about what to do. i had already spoken to dixie, i explained the situation and i'd asked her to go speak to charli, maybe talk her into coming downstairs and talk to me.

i had just sat down on one of the island chairs when i heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

i swiveled round and saw dixie walking down the stairs, "hey, what did she say?" i asked.

"she said she wants some time alone for a little bit, and then she'll come and talk with you," she came and sat down on the stool next to me, "i'm sure it'll be fine, you just have to explain your situation to her."

"you're really helpful dix, you're the best," i rested my head on her shoulder.

"of course, i'm always there for you," she paused, "unless you murder someone."

i giggled, "obviously."

"i better get going, i've got a date with addison and i've got to get ready," she looked across at me and saw me eyeing her, "not that type of date, silly. it's a friendly date," she rolled her eyes, "bye bye avani."

"bye dix," i said as she got up and walked back up the stairs.

...

i'd been sitting on my phone scrolling through tiktok for about an hour. i had also filmed a couple tiktoks, but i had saved them all to drafts.

i heard footsteps coming down the stairs so i turned my head, and i saw charli walking down the stairs. she was wearing a green dressing gown and matching slippers, "hey char, are you ready to talk?" i asked softly.

she shrugged her shoulders, "i guess so," she spoke in a flat, monotone. she shuffled along in her slippers until she was standing next to me, she then sat down on one of the stools, where dixie had been previously, "what do you want to say."

"i thought i'd let you talk first, say what you feel and perspective you see it from, and then i'll explain what happened," i reached forward to stroke her shoulder, but as my hand got close she moved it away. i looked down in embarrassment, "so..,"

"well, i think it's a really shitty thing to do first of all. you don't admit you're feelings to one person when three hours earlier you were on a date with the person who stabbed that person in the back. and you weren't even honest with me about it. why didn't you tell me you had gone on a date with her, or that you liked her, or more than liked her. it's just not fair. i like you, i genuinely like you avani, but if you're going to be acting fucked up like this then i don't want to be in a relationship with you, or anything of the sort," she took a deep breath and sat back in her seat, "that's it."

i nodded, "i understand why you would think that, but that photo was another one of madi's evil little traps. yes, that photo is real, no, it wasn't a date, and no, it wasn't from yesterday."

"oh."

"i think that photo was from november time, while me and her was still close friends and my feelings for you plus your feelings for me were undiscovered. it was a friendly date,  just a night out. it also wouldn't make sense if it were yesterday, i was with you the whole day, first at the hospital, then here."

charli put her head in her hands, "oh my god, i feel so dumb. i should have realised it couldn't have been possible. i'm such an idiot."

"noo, char i would have had the same reaction if i were in your shoes. i'm just glad that you had the courage to talk about it with me, and resolve the situation, get answers," i smiled, "come here," i pulled her into a hug.

it was one of the best hugs ever, and probably for a long time. it was warm, magical, i got a sparkly feeling in my stomach, it was the best. i also felt so relieved that she had listened to my point of view, and taken the time to understand that only madi was in the wrong.

"i love you voni," charli said, her voice muffled by the hug.

"i love you too char," i replied, hugging her even tighter.

e.h notes:

they get over fights way too easily, i'll make a bigger one 😉😉

long sort of chapter?

finally chapter 30!!!

love yall <3