005

avani gregg x

charli's eyebrows were furrowed as she looked into my eyes.

had i said too much?

i quickly looked away and said, "you know what, he's your boyfriend, it's none of my business,"

"no, no i think you're right," she whispered.

"charli, seriously it's none of my business. pretend i never mentioned anything," i rested my chin on my hands.

"i've been trying to convince myself i love him recently, but i don't think- i don't think i do. i'm just scared," 

i whipped my head round, maybe slightly too quickly, "scared of what,"

"chase, and breaking up with him," she lowered her head.

"well, i can help you- if you want of course," i grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

my heart fluttered at our touch.

"yes, thank you. although- when?"

"oh i don't know. do you wanna do it now?" maybe he'll be less mad when he's drunk.

"are you sure?" she sounded anxious.

"i'll be there with you. just tell him you think you're both better of separate, but you can still stay friends," i tried to keep my voice as steady as possible, so as not to worry her any more.

"okay, let's go then," 

we slowly stood up and she patted down her skirt. 

"hold my hand," i reached across for her hand. 

she looked up at me with a look of confusion.

"so we don't loose each other," i added quickly. 

she smiled and closed her hand around mine, and we entered the party once again.

we wove through the swarms of people until we finally saw chase- still sitting on the same sofa as before.

"chase? can i speak to you?" charli asked quietly as we approached him.

"sure, go ahead," he looked up.

"no- i mean not here,"

"okay," he turned to face his friends, "one second guys,"

he placed his drink down on the table and followed me and charli to a more private area.

"what's she doing here?" he pointed at me.

"she can be here it's fine," charli said, shifting apprehensively on her feet.

"what did you want to talk about?" chase asked.

"i think-" she began.

"wait- lemme guess.. you want to finally have sex?" chase licked his lips.

i didnt know she was still a virgin.

"chase- no," she shook her head.

"ugh. what then?"

"i think- i think we should break up," she looked down nervously.

"YOU WANT TO WHAT?" he roared.

at that exact moment i knew that telling her to break up with him was a dumb idea. moving too fast.

way too fast.

why did she listen to me though?

why did i say anything?

i was being selfish.

fuck me.

i wanted charli, but i only thought about myself.

but then why did she agree?

no. it was my fault.

"chase, i- i think it's for the best, we can still be friends if you-," he didn't let her finish.

"LET ME GUESS, YOU BROKE UP WITH ME SO YOU CAN DATE THAT DUMB BITCH!" he pointed at me.

oh god.

i probably had turned a crimson red.

"no, chase that's not why!" charli tried to defend herself.

that clears up whether or not she likes me.

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR NOT GAY!" he screamed in her face.

what.

"chase!" she squealed.

"DON'T ACT DUMB, I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT THAT YOU TOLD ME! YOU SAID YOU LIKED BOTH GENDERS OR SOME SHIT! YOU SAID IT!" he was furious.

but she liked girls?

maybe i did have a chance with her after all.

"CHASE JUST- IT'S OVER OKAY?" that's the most i've ever heard her raise her voice. she turned to me, "voni can we go please?"

"of course," i replied.

we walked away while chase stood there in silence, his fists clenched and his mouth hanging open.

e.h notes:

i promise it'll move slower from now on lmao

love yall <3